Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How to store latkes?

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:30 pm
Made latkes tonight. Way too many. Would like to serve the leftovers on Sunday. How should I store them that they will keep well? Also, they are already getting soggy, is there any way to restore the crisp when reheating?

imasinger

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:33 pm
I was told to freeze them asap. On foil, not on paper. You can reheat them on low or medium heat in the oven. They may crisp back up again in a slightly warmer oven, but watch to be sure you don't burn them.

morahmommy1

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:35 pm
I have a similar question- I posted it on the best latke recipe- can I store Latkes made tonight or tomorrow for Shabbos? Are they worth making if they won't be eaten fresh (Will the guests eat them-is it worth the effort)? I'm happy to do it just wanted to know if anyone had experience with this TIA

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:36 pm
Forgot to mention that they will either be served coolish/lukewarm or reheated double wrapped, because where we're going Sunday the oven isn't kosher :p

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 11:25 pm
So, no dissenting opinions posted yet, I freeze on foil? And I probably give up on the crisp given the double-wrapping (or wrapping and traveling) circumstances?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen