Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Vidalia chop wizard - have it? like it? comments, please

pumpkinsbubby

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:25 am
Does anyone have the Vidalia Chop Wizard that has been advertised so much lately? I'd like to get one, but first would like to hear if you already have one, and what you think about it? Easy to use? Easy to clean? Waste of time and money? Whatever your comments, I'd appreciate if you'd share them with me. Thanx!

belovedmommy

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:34 am
I have it a long time and I just love it. I chop up a salad in no time use it to chop onions and potatoes too. I got it in bed bath for $20, it really pays the buy!

belovedmommy

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:35 am
Sorry forgot to include that washes so easy!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:43 am
I'm glad I got it, it's wonderful for Israeli salads, but pepper and tomatoes don't chop as smoothly.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:46 am
I've tried various choppers, and IMVHO the best is Williams Sonoma Vegetable Measure and Chop.

All the others did not do as well on veggies.....Also found that the blades blunted after a while.

The Williams Sonoma one has two sizes, so you can use it for teeny tiny diced Israeli Salad (yum!), or the larger blade for french fries, or if you like larger salad pieces.

It's a bit more costly but worth it.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:54 am
I have the Vidalia with 2 sizes of blades.

Makes sure you get the one with the clear basket underneath. I used to have one where the chopped veggies would just splatter around on top.

I only use it if I'm having company or cooking in bulk. It takes a few minutes to clean out the white piece with the squares, even after running it through the dishwasher; it needs to be scraped with a little tool that comes with it.

I wish the surface area would be BIGGER. I have to cut my onions into quarters for them to fit on the small surface area, so once I'm cutting anyway, it's usually not worth taking it out. Unless I specifically need all the pieces to be the same size, if I'm making a salad for a kiddush, etc.

I also use it for egg salad, makes very nice, small, pieces with hardboiled eggs.

And it's hard to use for potatoes and sweet potatoes; you really need a LOT of energy to smash down on those!

Didi

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 10:17 am
LUV it, have two one for Dairy and one for Meat

willow

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 12:23 pm
How do you clean those little squares? I don't have a tool.

forever21

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 1:28 pm
I love it! ive been using it for years and one time it broke (it was my fault) and I brought it back to bed bath and beyond and they just gave me a new one w/o me having the receipt!

pinkfridge, I think the tomatoes and peppers are easy to chop. you just have to slice the tomato first.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 1:34 pm
willow wrote:

I don't have a piece either- I use the blade of a knife and run it through all of the rows and columns from one side to the other.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 6:24 pm
forever21 wrote:
I love it! ive been using it for years and one time it broke (it was my fault) and I brought it back to bed bath and beyond and they just gave me a new one w/o me having the receipt!

pinkfridge, I think the tomatoes and peppers are easy to chop. you just have to slice the tomato first.

I usually deseed the tomato so I'm dealing with the shell of half a tomato.

Happy18

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 6:34 pm
It used to be one of my favorite things in the kitchen. I cant remember which way putting the tomatoes in works best. I really should pull it out and use it again. Its been awhile.

4Sisters

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:37 pm
loooove mine.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 9:53 pm
willow wrote:

Mine came with a tool. A white plastic "comb" that cleans about 6 or 8 rows at once.

Happy18

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 10:07 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
willow wrote:

Mine came with a tool. A white plastic "comb" that cleans about 6 or 8 rows at once.

Mine came with it but I dont always use it. When I used the chopper regularly I used to soak the blade and then just wash normally.

shanie5

Post Tue, Dec 18 2012, 10:53 pm
Love it. If I had to choose btw that and a food processor.... well it would really be a tough choice to make!

willow

Post Wed, Dec 19 2012, 9:14 am
Thank you eema of 3
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars