Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Jobs

amother

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 10:43 am
I know, I know. This is every Anglo dream and post, but I need to ask.

Dh and I are desperately trying to think of a good career for DH to become involved in in Israel. Preferably a job not involving too much hebrew since we are counted as returning residents so we get no money from sal klita and have very limited funds.
DH is really good with his hands and trained as a chef but chef work doesnt pay well in Israel. Can anyone think of a great career he could get into which wouldnt involve a 4 yr retraining program? Plumber? Electrician? HVAC? Something else? He is not the most academic person rather prefers to be out and doing stuff, not sitting behind a desk.

Advice please!

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 10:47 am
There are a few anglo handy men around here who do good work and seem to make a good living. We have used them for things like putting up shelves, drilling into tile, putting together Ikea furniture, building a sukkah, etc. If he's handy and good with that kind of stuff, in the right area he can build up a nice business.

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Dec 20 2012, 10:48 am
Oh and also painting seems to be a big one. People are always needing things painting. Of course you have to train or apprentice, but the handymen I have used all paint also.

lili123

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 1:27 am
Handymen jobs are great in Israel (plumber, gas, electric, painting, HVAC). Check listening requirements in Israel so that you can come prepared.

The best thing your husband can do is learn how to handle whatever he's going to do as a business and learn good marketing skills.

Peanut2

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 1:41 am
As returning residents you may be eligible for training courses, like the ones that train you to become an electrician or plumber. Look into it.

I think those are great jobs!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions