Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Machane Mamosh????

m75

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 9:19 am
Does anyone know anything about this camp?

Machane Mamosh

I have a 11yo who enjoys horseback riding, I would describe us as just frum (between MO and yeshivish). We are not Lubavitch but the camp is run by Lubavitch. It's also quite far from where we are living which is a bit of a concern (especially since he didn't have such a great summer last year at Dora Golding.) He is not very into sports (hates playing basketball) and can have a hard time making friends and connections with other boys his age. He likes "good boys" who follow rules and when things are well run and organized and rules are followed through on.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 9:42 am
m75 wrote:

Machane Mamosh

I have a 11yo who enjoys horseback riding, I would describe us as just frum (between MO and yeshivish). We are not Lubavitch but the camp is run by Lubavitch. It's also quite far from where we are living which is a bit of a concern (especially since he didn't have such a great summer last year at Dora Golding.) He is not very into sports (hates playing basketball) and can have a hard time making friends and connections with other boys his age. He likes "good boys" who follow rules and when things are well run and organized and rules are followed through on.

I mentioned this camp on the "camp with horseback riding?" thread. My brother went there and loved it. He's a good boy, smart, quiet and outdoorsy (he's also a Boy Scout). We're not Lubavitch, more OOT yeshivish, I'd guess (I.e. my brother goes to a yeshiva with college preparatory limudei chol, but the boys wear hats after bar mitzvah; my parents are BTs, etc.). I can ask him any specific questions if you'd like.

m75

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 10:25 am
bigsis144 wrote:
m75 wrote:

Machane Mamosh

I mentioned this camp on the "camp with horseback riding?" thread. My brother went there and loved it. He's a good boy, smart, quiet and outdoorsy (he's also a Boy Scout). We're not Lubavitch, more OOT yeshivish, I'd guess (I.e. my brother goes to a yeshiva with college preparatory limudei chol, but the boys wear hats after bar mitzvah; my parents are BTs, etc.). I can ask him any specific questions if you'd like.

thanks. I saw your post there (I asked that other question too). I was just wondering if anyone else had any experience with them. When I spoke with the rabbi who runs at the camp he mentioned have had other non-lubavitch boys there...I wondered if he was referring to your brother.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children