Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Attention ALL P3 providers in NYC
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

joy613

Post Wed, Jan 16 2013, 3:44 pm
seeker wrote:
Page NINETEEN??? Haven't read the article yet but considering the amount of frum people affected you'd think this might be a tad more significant once they've caught on at all...

You might be happy to see it here:

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

miami85

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 11:28 am
MAJOR UPDATE!!! This morning I checked my account and there was a deposit from the DOE!!! Yes Virginia there is a NPSP after all the gobbledygook! Still majorly irresponsible of them to be so slow but you will get paid once things are in order One of the numbers is still wrong and they still havent called me but things were getting desperate so we're thrilled!

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 11:53 am
YAY! Well, I'm happy for you that you got paid but that certainly takes the edge off the outrage while the DOE is still so messed up and not acceptable.

So, did I tell you how I got shorted $200 last year because they didn't tell me until it was too late that you have to bill in 15-minute increments? Well, similar thing happened again. A different provider in my building got shorted also something like $200 now that she finally got paid for October, because they said she can't bill 6 hours in a row because she needs to take a lunch break Rolling Eyes Unless she goes back in time and beforehand submits a letter from the school saying they have an extended longer school day. So PSA: Don't bill 6+ hours in a row without getting such a letter first.
I think it's royal chutzpah for them to mandate it like that. We're not their employees, we're INDEPENDENT contractors and our lunch or lack thereof is none of their business. If they're scheduling us down to our lunch breaks they may as well just employ us already and give us the same benefits as they give themselves Tongue Out

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 2:01 pm
Oh no! I totally work straight thru lunch! I grab a bite while I work. Am I going to get messed up because of that? What exactly do I need to do to make sure I get paid for all of it?
And what does having a longer school day have to do with lunch break?

miami85

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 2:30 pm
Quote:
I think it's royal chutzpah for them to mandate it like that. We're not their employees, we're INDEPENDENT contractors and our lunch or lack thereof is none of their business. If they're scheduling us down to our lunch breaks they may as well just employ us already and give us the same benefits as they give themselves
Applause Applause Applause

That kind of explains why they've been so slow--analyzing e/o's invoicing with a fine-tooth comb to figure out how NOT to pay us. Also, if you must bill in 15 min increments lets say one kid finishes his work with 8 mins to go--why can't you eat? What about kids who come early/stay late on their own (last year my kids' provider did that--the kids came early to accommodate her).

'm still trying to figure out why with one of my kids they uploaded (Oct before Sept.) they only "approved" 2.0 units and paid $ 31.49 for but for Sept they approved all the time I saw her (huh, huh, and huh?)--She's mandated for 3hrs/wk, you approved her for Sept, and approved the times for the other kids in our group. And what's with 2.0 units? and where does 31.49 come from --she's in a group of 3, just 1 of her sessions is 31.49. Her Oct invoice is good for over $300. --of course I'm STILL waiting for them to call me back from Monday

Another one of my kids that I see at home is missing like $50

There's no explanation as to why these numbers are reduced. Also with the portal when you search for invoices/payments by OSIS then the numbers are rounded to nearest $$--huh? Doesnt seem to be paying that way though

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 2:50 pm
Just another question. If I was signed up for EFT for the past two years already, do I have to re-sign up for that again? Or do they still have that info, even with their new system?

miami85

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 2:58 pm
I think you should be good. This was the first time I got on to EFT with them

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 6:18 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
Oh no! I totally work straight thru lunch! I grab a bite while I work. Am I going to get messed up because of that? What exactly do I need to do to make sure I get paid for all of it?
And what does having a longer school day have to do with lunch break?

I dunno. Why, were you expecting this to be logical? Rolling Eyes

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 6:38 pm
miami85 wrote:
Quote:
I think it's royal chutzpah for them to mandate it like that. We're not their employees, we're INDEPENDENT contractors and our lunch or lack thereof is none of their business. If they're scheduling us down to our lunch breaks they may as well just employ us already and give us the same benefits as they give themselves
Applause Applause Applause

That kind of explains why they've been so slow--analyzing e/o's invoicing with a fine-tooth comb to figure out how NOT to pay us. Also, if you must bill in 15 min increments lets say one kid finishes his work with 8 mins to go--why can't you eat? What about kids who come early/stay late on their own (last year my kids' provider did that--the kids came early to accommodate her).

They're shooting themselves in the proverbial foot because now you will just end up billing them the full 15 minutes to comply with their own silly policy. Unless you want to be super honest, which means being a little dishonest, and adding together all the less-than-15's on a few days into one 15 on one day. But I doubt there is a rav or accountant in the world who will say you have to do that. We'll just have to round.

miami85 wrote:
'm still trying to figure out why with one of my kids they uploaded (Oct before Sept.) they only "approved" 2.0 units and paid $ 31.49 for but for Sept they approved all the time I saw her (huh, huh, and huh?)--She's mandated for 3hrs/wk, you approved her for Sept, and approved the times for the other kids in our group. And what's with 2.0 units? and where does 31.49 come from --she's in a group of 3, just 1 of her sessions is 31.49. Her Oct invoice is good for over $300. --of course I'm STILL waiting for them to call me back from Monday

Another one of my kids that I see at home is missing like $50

There's no explanation as to why these numbers are reduced. Also with the portal when you search for invoices/payments by OSIS then the numbers are rounded to nearest $$--huh? Doesnt seem to be paying that way though

Oooooh good luck. I HATE when that happens, calling around for ages until you find someone to help you figure out why they shorted you. Just a warning, they are never going to say "Oops, we goofed, here's your money back." Exploding anger I wonder if Agudah has lawyers who could help with this. It's getting ridiculous already. Wait, it got ridiculous a few weeks ago...

miami85

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 10:32 pm
Yea. I hear you but they should put some sort of note explaining the discrepancy. If I did s;t wrong I'd like to know about it. At least now I have the invoices backed up on the computer. I wasnt so good about making copies last, year. But this was supplemental income. Now its more of my main income.

miami85

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 1:42 pm
Actually, surprise surprise they DID call me back --YESTERDAY! (I.e. shabbos) Tongue Out, so now I have to call back on Tuesday b/c they are closed tomorrow--grrrrr.
I spoke to someone who said that she'd tell the new-person that I was available--still waiting to hear back. The person here who put me in touch called me to find out what happened and said she'd look into it.
B/c I got SOME money on Thursday we actually DID go away for Shabbos Smile, so it'll have to wait until Tuesday when I'm back in NY anyway.

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 10:13 pm
D'AAAARRRRGH! I finally decided to just do the invoices on my open office version of Excel (which actually works very well for all other purposes) and I am losing my mind translating one at a time strings of numbers that translate into start/end times. For some reason the times don't show up correctly until AFTER I click on them. And even if they did show up correctly, I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH MY BLEEPING SHORT EVENING THAN CHOOSE TIMES FROM A DROP-DOWN LIST OF 5-MINUTE INCREMENTS. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?!?! Why can't we type in our own farshtunkener times?! That's on top of the frustration of trying to reconstruct times from two months ago to make sense. This goes back before they wanted start/end dates, so I only wrote the totals. Sometimes I can just rely on my regular schedule but sometimes I pulled a kid out for extra and now I have to figure out when that was so it will "shtim" with all the other stories - the other kids, therapists, etc.

AAAAAUUUUUGH I HATE THIS THEY BETTER AT LEAST COUGH UP SOME DOUGH WHEN I FINALLY GET THEM DONE AND SENT!!!

In another window, if I ever end up having time, I am typing a heck of a blog post about this. I usually try to keep to a lower word count but I don't think I'll be able to. It doesn't really matter because nobody reads my poor dead blog anyway.

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 01 2013, 2:18 am
Hey, is one of us Dena Rosenbluth? I just found this now: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/inve......html

Should be sleeping but instead having headaches over my invoices. "Need" additional documentation, my eye. Anyway, I like the comptroller's response better than the DOE's and it looks like SOMEONE besides us might be getting a new headache around now! Twisted Evil

miami85

Post Fri, Feb 01 2013, 11:45 am
"The DOE works to maintain a process by which payments are made to SETTS providers within six weeks of receipt of all proper documentation," he said. Liem added that there are occasional delays in payments when additional documentation is needed, but the DOE is working to ensure that aides receive proper payment and that "any delayed invoices are prioritized."

1)They made a MESS of how they defined "proper documentation" THAT's why there's such a mess
2)delayed invoices are prioritized--I RESUBMITTED my Sept invoices in early December, and I got paid for them mid-January, that's called prioritzed??!!!

I saw yesterday that my NOVEMBER invoices posted--I'm still missing about $250--w/no explanation. They did fix one mistake so far.

As far as the times go, I found I was able to copy and paste them-that is if your start and end times are the same.

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 01 2013, 12:52 pm
I've been copying and pasting when they're the same but every time it's different is another PITA.

And I agree, they wouldn't "need" additional documentation if their system made any sense in the first place.

What was the mistake they fixed for you, is it anything you can now know to prevent or was it just stupidity? PLEASE let us know as soon as you find out why you were shorted this time in case it's something that can be prevented! (last time that happened to me it was the 15-minute thing, are they still makpid on that? I hadn't billed in 15-minute increments so they lopped off 10 minutes PER DAY to round it down. Now I warn everyone.)

shev143

Post Fri, Feb 01 2013, 3:29 pm
seeker, what do you mean by 15 minutes? That you can bill for 45 or 60 minutes but not for 40 minutes or 50 ? can I start a session at 4:05 and end at 5:05?
Sorry, I really want to corss my t's and dot those I's bec it seems that they are making everything so complicated!

seeker

Post Fri, Feb 01 2013, 3:34 pm
That's exactly what I mean. The form says "session length: a period" and that year, my students' periods were 40 minutes. They docked 25% of my pay by rounding it down to the nearest multiple of 15. By the time I got someone on the phone to explain it to me, I'd already billed another few months that way. But they wouldn't take it back because once an invoice is processed you can't bill anything else for that student that month. And they had the nerve to act like I should have known this when there was really no way I could have.

4:05-5:05 is fine because it's 60 minutes.

Tirza

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 8:09 am
Emailing them is the best way to get your invoices paid. Include which months you haven't been paid for and the names and ID#s of your students. Send your email to one of these people:

Lisa Andersen LAnders@schools.nyc.gov
Frank Lanore FLanore@schools.nyc.gov
Angel Lopez ALopez1@schools.nyc.gov
Algenia Malone AMalone2@schools.nyc.gov

miami85

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 12:57 pm
Wow, where did you get those emails! Thank you! I'll have to try it.

I called again last week--still waiting.....

SOO annoying that the mainframe isn't available on Sunday.

The mistakes have no logical explanation other than they just randomly didn't pay for services. Like the kid was approved in September, but October was "only" approved for 2 units?--So that was fixed, they told me "oh we have someone reviewing the invoices and will fix mistakes"--again them shooting themselves in the foot

Then I have one kid who they didn't pay 1 session in Sept--I don't know why--I resubmitted the September invoices--nothing mentioned being wrong, and one kid in October they missed like $80 (if it were $20, I could understand that they may have not wanted to pay for a certain session b/c of a mistake I made, but $80 was like 3 sessions and they didn't bounce it back so not sure what happened--and she's in a group so if the other kids were approved, why not her?). And one kid who joined in November hasn't been uploaded yet.

So far the main difference in the mistake that was corrected vs. the ones still outstanding--the October invoices were processed separately and there several listed as "Not approved" in addition to the ones that were "Approved". I deleted the ones that were "Approved" with correct numbers, and then I noticed that the one that was "approved" incorrectly the day after I spoke to someone suddenly had the missing money amount.

miami85

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 10:59 pm
FYI: You might have figured this out already, but since I just did, I figured I'd do e/o a PSA and let you know that now you can actually SEE what has been uploaded and you can check your numbers against theirs. It's not super self-explanatory--like everything else I had to figure it out on my own.

On the Portal home page, after you login, there's something called "RS File Status"-- then you have to click on the tab "SA Independent" You have to then "refresh" and a grid will come up. On the right hand side you'll see little "excel" logos. You can click on them, check the little box "passed" and it will download. When you open the file you'll see exactly what has been uploaded into their system thus far and what they've approved. Now I understand where some of the numbers came from--and I can prove that they've made mistakes.
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics