Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How much to live in yerushalaim?
Previous  1  2

FASMA

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 9:59 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
FASMA wrote:
Previous amother could you explain more about the bituach leumi without making Aliyah? We won't be making Aliyah at first so I'm interested in that
Do you mean that after living there for 6 months you could be part of it or that if you go for 6 months you could be part of it? Thank you

I don't remember all the details because we did it a few years ago and my husband took care of most of it. But basically if you have a visa and are in the country for 6 months you can get onto bituach leumi. (If you have a visa and then left but came back the time you left for doesnt count. It needs to be 180 days, with a visa, in the country.) So you want to try to get a visa ASAP. After 6 months you need to go down to misrad hapnim with your passport and print out a "daf hotza'ot v'hachnasot" which lists all the dates you entered and left the country. That is your proof that you were here for 6 months. After that you fill out all the right forms, include the proper amount of copies of your passport and visa, etc, and submit the bituach leumi application. (I don't know what your DH will be doing but if he's in the Mir they have all the necessary forms for all the applications in their office.)

Me again. Just want to add that I've been on bituach leumi for over 2 years without making aliya and have no issues. They paid for my baby to be born here, I get the child support payment every month (forgot what it's called in hebrew...), etc

Thank you very much for that info! That's absolutely helpful. I have just a question, you have a visa for what? To work? My husband will be in Kolel, don't think Mir. I will probably work for a company abroad so I don't think we could get a visa
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions