Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What is your monthly net income?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

What is your monthly net income - include all income
Less than 5,000 shekel  
 12%  [ 9 ]
6,000-8,000  
 17%  [ 13 ]
8,000-12,000  
 25%  [ 19 ]
12,00-16,000  
 14%  [ 11 ]
16,000-20,000  
 9%  [ 7 ]
20,000-25,000  
 8%  [ 6 ]
above 25,000  
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 74

Karnash

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 8:27 am
I guess I've been living in Israel long enough to not feel totally uncomfortable asking this question - though I totally understand amother responses - I'll also answer as amother.
Another thread prompted this question, where a poster said that I was living in a bubble because I said that most people I know make a salary of well over 6,000 shekel. So, while most Israeli households have 2 incomes, or at least 1 1/2 - one full time and one part time what is your inclusive net income - include salary,
kitzvaot, nechut, pensions, social security, parental support, income from investments, etc.

It will be interesting to see what the imamother profile is - and how we really fit into the society at large.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 8:38 am
deleted

Last edited by shabbatiscoming on Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 8:43 am
Are you including rental income from a yechidat diur? How about monthly bituach leumi for a PDD child (that's over 2000 NIS right there).

Marion

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
Are you including rental income from a yechidat diur? How about monthly bituach leumi for a PDD child (that's over 2000 NIS right there).
She said kitzbaot and nechut so yes, including BL payments for PDD child.

Net we bring home around 11K, which is 3 salaries (DH works 2 jobs) and the kitzbat yeladim. We do not have any other regular sources of income.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:32 am
I can't believe I'm the only one who answered under 5000 embarrassed
we are b'H managing ok, though.

Karnash

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:54 am
Actually Shabbat, I put the poll in an open forum because I think the information is interesting and useful - and you can post anonymously, so there isn't any reason not to answer.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:58 am
Karnash wrote:
Actually Shabbat, I put the poll in an open forum because I think the information is interesting and useful - and you can post anonymously, so there isn't any reason not to answer.
right, as I see now from people answering Smile Im going to delete my comment Smile

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:05 am
To amother with 5,000 you have nothing to be ashamed about. As you'll see from my reply, we do bring in more then that and sometimes I feel the pressure. You're an inspiration!

I bring in $2,000 - $2400 a month, depending on hours. I work for an American company so I get paid in dollars - it's hard to pinpoint a shekel salary since it depends on the rate. Let's say 8,000 or 9,000 shekel. Around.

My husband brings in 6,000 shekel at his day job and 2,400 at his evening job. He does have a pension plan though so some of that gets taken off. Kitvat Yeladim is lovely, but not a lot. I believe we get 900 shekel a month. We also get a small tax refund from his salary. (No refund for mine).

That is all our income. Around 17,000.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:12 am
Our salaries are 8000 shekels for my husband and I work part time and make 3000 shekels.
We do not use our child allowances as income. It is put away for the children.
We both get pensions, but it is a minuscule amount in the grand scheme of each month.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:20 am
Child allowance is income - whether you use it, or save it. If you add that and your small pensions, it probably pushes you into the next category in the poll.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:23 am
amother wrote:
Child allowance is income - whether you use it, or save it. If you add that and your small pensions, it probably pushes you into the next category in the poll.
no, it will no tpush me into the next bracket at all.
how is it income if you are not using it? It goes from the government straight into bank accounts not to be touched by any of us (only to put in other monies that are given) until they turn 18.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:25 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
how is it income if you are not using it? It goes from the government straight into bank accounts not to be touched by any of us (only to put in other monies that are given) until they turn 18.

So then no one can count any portion of their income they put away for the future?
If my husband puts 200 shekel of his salary away every month for the kids that's not income?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:26 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

So then no one can count any portion of their income they put away for the future?
If my husband puts 200 shekel of his salary away every month for the kids that's not income?
fine, but I dont get why something that the government is just giving to you, not by working, is income? It makes no sense to me.

vicki

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:34 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

fine, but I dont get why something that the government is just giving to you, not by working, is income? It makes no sense to me.

It fits the definition of income, regardless of what you choose to use or not use it for. In whose hands it ends up matters not whose hands it came from or for what reason.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:37 am
vicki wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

It fits the definition of income, regardless of what you choose to use or not use it for. In whose hands it ends up matters not whose hands it came from or for what reason.
ok fine, whatever it is, it still does not put us personally into the next bracket.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:39 am
Approximately 30000 NIS/month

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:44 am
Does everybody on imamother live in israel. What do you make in USA? I will post mine later.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:46 am
amother wrote:
Does everybody on imamother live in israel. What do you make in USA? I will post mine later.
The OP was asking specifically about Israel.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:48 am
amother wrote:

I think this was in response to questions about how much people in Israel make.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:55 am
Should I start a thread for USA or we can pos of here?
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions