Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What is your monthly net income?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

What is your monthly net income - include all income
Less than 5,000 shekel  
 12%  [ 9 ]
6,000-8,000  
 17%  [ 13 ]
8,000-12,000  
 25%  [ 19 ]
12,00-16,000  
 14%  [ 11 ]
16,000-20,000  
 9%  [ 7 ]
20,000-25,000  
 8%  [ 6 ]
above 25,000  
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 74

Sherri

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 2:42 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Should I start a thread for USA or we can pos of here?

I mean post it here
I think you should start a new thread.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 2:44 pm
I am pretty impressed with the salaries posted, actually. And I see people attaining income in the 15k range or greater! I know there is a wide range of salaries. I work in an office which offers pension/menahalim plans so I see what people earn.....

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 2:45 pm
freidasima wrote:
Tamiri, again anyone working as a clerk, secretary, administrative assistant, salesperson on salary, standard teacher, for an average government or municipal salary is earning a gross salary of between NIS 5,000 to around NIS 7,000.

The requirements for such jobs, other than as a saleswoman, is having a BA or even an MA for some jobs and yes, those are the salaries. Over 40% of this country works for the government or semi government agencies and over half of those people are in these low paying jobs. The "average" salary (for an individual ) means that is the salary of the 4th-5th dectile (asiron). But it doesn't take into account that there are at least three asironim if not four who are earning less. And again, note that you are talking about a "family income" in which two people work. In more and more families these days only one person is the wage earner.
So interesting that you wrote this because what many women say in israel is that it is so unusual for a family to have only one wage earner, people have said many times that women who dont work are looked down upon. So, where aer you getting that there are so many families with one wage earner?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 2:46 pm
And is this the same FS whose mantra is IN ISRAEL BOTH SPOUSES HAVE TO WORK? Or a double?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 2:52 pm
Once again, we find that there is no medium here in Israel. The salaries are pretty much polarized. I don't think that Imamother gives a fair glimpse at reality because everyone is either an Anglo or an Olah from somewhere else, but we are seeing a wiiiiiiiide range of salaries some which ain't half bad!

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 2:56 pm
If the AVERAGE income is 15,000, I would assume that takes everyone into account, from the young singles to the government officials. Isn't that what average means?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 2:56 pm
Tamiri wrote:
I am pretty impressed with the salaries posted, actually. And I see people attaining income in the 15k range or greater! I know there is a wide range of salaries. I work in an office which offers pension/menahalim plans so I see what people earn.....

Don't forget, they aren't salaries, it's income. People included stuff like income from rental properties and kitzbat nechut.
I don't make that much money, but I would like to respond to FS who spoke of government jobs paying low. My dh works for the government in the income tax department and he's always earned nicely. I think he makes about 13-14 K net ( more gross), but I'm not including the fact we get car insurance fully paid for and other benefits.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:00 pm
Mrs.K wrote:
If the AVERAGE income is 15,000, I would assume that takes everyone into account, from the young singles to the government officials. Isn't that what average means?
I can't figure it out. The paper blah blah blahs. Surveys I fill out state the average income in the 13,500-15,000 nis range. I don't know what average is anymore. But I do know that the lifestyles around me support the theory that incomes in the 20000 range are the norm around her. I realize that many are carrying minuses around with them, waiting to pay them back every 6 years with the keren hishtalmut. But there are simply too many people driving around, eating out, flooding the malls and being entertained at various venues for me to accept that 5000 nis incomes are the norm. I KNOW they are, realistically, but what I see doesn't support that.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:
Tamiri wrote:

Don't forget, they aren't salaries, it's income. People included stuff like income from rental properties and kitzbat nechut.
That's true. I think people should stick to income from a salaried job/private enterprise. Not kitzbat yeladim or kitzbat nechut.

freidasima

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:06 pm
Amother, is he a clerk? Is he an administrative assistant? Is he a secretary? I would assume not. Those are the jobs that pay such a low salary.

Yes Tamiri I am reading what is being written here and it's not representative of EY but of a very specific group of Anglos, many of whom are including as was written, lots of income that isn't salary. There is a world of Israelis who don't have any income other than salary.

Yes I do advocate two people working full time otherwise it's impossible in most cases to make ends meet. But it's a fact of life that with salaries so low in so many fields more and more women are making the decision not to go out and work when their babies are under the age of three because it is financially not worth it for them. I believe that anyone who can should train for a high paying profession but there is unfortunately a world of people who are not suited for studying law, medicine, economics, business administration, etc. and who don't have the pull necessary to get a full time decent paying job where they live but rather end up doing what most people do....working for the municipality. For the government. For Kupat cholim. For non profit agencies, etc. They aren't or weren't really university material but because of what goes on in some colleges managed to scrape by and get a BA in whatever, usually some king of general chug that doesn't really give a profession - chug meshulav, a general degree in political studies, madaei hitnahagut, etc.

Or they get a general teaching degree and believe those who say that the average starting salary for teachers is 6,000 shekel for a single misra. Not everyone immediately becomes a merakez or a mechanech, and lot of people in their first years cant take on a second misra.

In short, there is an entire world of people in this country - three asironim to be precise - who are earning much much much less that what most of the posters here are writing that their family income is. They just aren't usually represented on imamother as they aren't american or anglo olim or vatikim.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:09 pm
My co worker earns between 5-6k as a clerk, her husband around 7 as a maintenance man. Neither have a college education and I suspect they don't have 2 bagruyot between them either. So, are THEY typical?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:12 pm
freidasima wrote:
Amother, is he a clerk? Is he an administrative assistant? Is he a secretary? I would assume not. Those are the jobs that pay such a low salary.

Yes Tamiri I am reading what is being written here and it's not representative of EY but of a very specific group of Anglos, many of whom are including as was written, lots of income that isn't salary. There is a world of Israelis who don't have any income other than salary.

Yes I do advocate two people working full time otherwise it's impossible in most cases to make ends meet. But it's a fact of life that with salaries so low in so many fields more and more women are making the decision not to go out and work when their babies are under the age of three because it is financially not worth it for them. I believe that anyone who can should train for a high paying profession but there is unfortunately a world of people who are not suited for studying law, medicine, economics, business administration, etc. and who don't have the pull necessary to get a full time decent paying job where they live but rather end up doing what most people do....working for the municipality. For the government. For Kupat cholim. For non profit agencies, etc. They aren't or weren't really university material but because of what goes on in some colleges managed to scrape by and get a BA in whatever, usually some king of general chug that doesn't really give a profession - chug meshulav, a general degree in political studies, madaei hitnahagut, etc.

Or they get a general teaching degree and believe those who say that the average starting salary for teachers is 6,000 shekel for a single misra. Not everyone immediately becomes a merakez or a mechanech, and lot of people in their first years cant take on a second misra.

In short, there is an entire world of people in this country - three asironim to be precise - who are earning much much much less that what most of the posters here are writing that their family income is. They just aren't usually represented on imamother as they aren't american or anglo olim or vatikim.
FS, you dont always have to tell us about "the whole wide country of Israel". Rolling Eyes The OP wanted to see what the imamothers make, whats wrong with that????? We all know that israel is made up of many different types of people and salaries and other things.

freidasima

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:14 pm
And how many years are they on the job? How old are they? Are they typical in age? Don't look for the 45 year olds who have 20 years seniority on their jobs, look at the 28 year old man working and the 26 year old mother who is home with her one year old...what is THEIR income as a family?

Take my secretary - MALE - who has an MA in political science worth nothing of course, a government job, his salary is 6,000 a month give or take, he is 30, his wife is home with their new baby, six months old and plans to stay home until he (baby) can go to ganon at two. Why? Because her job (she has a BA in chug meshulav lemadaei hachevra) was a non starter, she was earning minimum wage as a clerk, untenured, in kupat cholim, not worth going back to if she has to pay more than 1500 shekel a month childcare.

That is not at all rare for young people these days. Unfortunately. Wages have gone down, particularly in the general public sector.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:16 pm
But Shabbat, this is a very specific chatach of the population. First it's dati. Second, a lot of chareidim. Third, a lot of education. Fourth,, scrappy Olim out to make it. Fifth, most live not in the periphery although we saw that living out there can be a benefit. And so on. Nothing written here can give an Oleh any indication what they will earn when they land. They can just assess what people here are living off, and are able to afford internet.

freidasima

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:16 pm
Shabbat why does it bother you that I describe what going on in general big EY to remind people that there is a big country often with very different dynamics, beyond those of the little anglo imamother bubble?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:18 pm
FS I don't live in an Anglo bubble. Neither do you.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:21 pm
To me, the bottom line is that in Israel, the money doesn't add up.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:25 pm
Tamiri wrote:
But Shabbat, this is a very specific chatach of the population. First it's dati. Second, a lot of chareidim. Third, a lot of education. Fourth,, scrappy Olim out to make it. Fifth, most live not in the periphery although we saw that living out there can be a benefit. And so on. Nothing written here can give an Oleh any indication what they will earn when they land. They can just assess what people here are living off, and are able to afford internet.
you are correct that it is a specific slice of israeli life here on imamother (and that was what, at least to me, it seemed, that the OP wanted to see about, not israeli society as a whole)
she did not start this thread for someone wanting to make aliyah, just to see what israelis (here on imamother) make. I originally posted that she should post this in the israel forum, but she wanted it in the broader forum.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:30 pm
freidasima wrote:
Shabbat why does it bother you that I describe what going on in general big EY to remind people that there is a big country often with very different dynamics, beyond those of the little anglo imamother bubble?
FS, why do you think that the imamothers are living in anglo bubbles? I know that I live in a yishuv with a large anglo population (as of 7 years ago, this yishuv is 33 years old with many many israelis too) but why do you assume that most of the women here are living in anglo bubbles? I can think of a few off the top of my head who are most certainly not.
AND the OP wanted to know about the women here, on this site, not about the whole country.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 3:56 pm
I am one of the 16,000-20,000nis mothers. Our numbers are a bit deceiving though.

Our income is 4,000nis for DH's work, 964nis for kitzvat yeladim, just over 5000nis for nechut for myself and one of my children (combined) and $1,900 for my ssdi.

It adds up to about 17,000nis, but our salaried income is nothing exciting.

That said, DH gets some great perks at work, including 13th month pay and a chunk of money in the summer, keren hishtalmut, pension, and clothing allowances as well as a nice fleece jacket. LOL
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions