Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
If you had $20,000 to give to tzedakah, where would it go?
Previous  1  2  3

happybeingamom

Post Thu, Aug 16 2012, 2:11 pm
This is wonderful, I have tears too.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 16 2012, 2:15 pm
And the craziest part of it all???? I just looked back at the original date of this thread and I had a baby almost exactly 9 months later. I guess I was in the middle of a cycle when I wrote this!!! OMG!

sister

Post Thu, Aug 16 2012, 2:52 pm
WOW!!!!

happybeingamom

Post Thu, Aug 16 2012, 3:03 pm
amother wrote:
And the craziest part of it all???? I just looked back at the original date of this thread and I had a baby almost exactly 9 months later. I guess I was in the middle of a cycle when I wrote this!!! OMG!

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!

zufriedene

Post Thu, Aug 16 2012, 3:37 pm
Remember
מזכין על ידי זכאי
Obviously your grand mother ע"ה from above is enjoying the seeds of her tzedaka/
Keep on updating with Besuros Tovos

shlomitsmum

Post Fri, Aug 17 2012, 1:41 am
amother wrote:
OP here with an update:

A year and a half later, here is what happened:

We ended up giving it to our Rav as a middle man to give to a couple in our shul who were having IF issues. (We know because a) they got married late and were married for a number of years without kids and b) he spoke to dh briefly about it and I spoke to her about it) They did not know who it was for.

The Rav used it for them.

We found out today that she's expecting!!!! I was sobbing. They are IYH going to be amazing parents. They are so holy and kind and aidel. AMEN and Baruch HAshem!

B'H !! Amazing ! your post made me cry in a good way Very Happy

MamaBear

Post Fri, Aug 17 2012, 1:09 pm
Stories like this are so beautiful. Thank you for making my erev shabbos more special.

Sherri

Post Thu, Jan 17 2013, 3:25 pm
The happy ending Smile
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....48143

Hakol Letovah

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 7:33 pm
I know several worthy hachnosas kalla situations, as well as single mothers of young kids who can benefit from some tzedaka. pls pm me for more info. tizku lemitzvos!

PS Would divide a large sum to several tzedakos, they are all important.

CRM

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 2:32 pm
Education scholarship funds for teenage girls going into high school. There are so many scholarships for the little ones, and schools for the most part work with families who can't afford to pay. But when it comes to HS, at least I had an an impossible time trying to find a frum HS for my daughter to go to because of our poverty. Most schools thought that $400-500 a month was reasonable for a family who had no income, living on tax refund savings, and fighting against immenant homelessness, without any supports or people who cared. My teenage daughter has been in public HS for the last 3 years and it has destroyed her. Please give the money to education!!!

Yamama

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 2:54 pm
I see a lot of great ideas here. You may have your mind set on Bonei Olam already (a very worthy cause,) but I will add more options to the growing list.

First of all, a family member organizes 43 special women to bake challah every week as a segulah for having children. A lot of those people now have children. Please PM me your name and your husband's name, with both mothers' names, and we will gladly bake for you!

You CAN buy a sefer Torah for $20,000. I know where. We have been trying to get one donated, and it would be used in the FSU.

Also -- as far as donating for a mikvah. We have a very unusual case (I will gladly tell you privately) and our community does not have a mikvah. $20,000 would give as a big part of it. We have young women who are toiveling under very difficult circumstances in the sea! It would be a very big zechus for you!

Lastly, if you would want to donate to our school, $20,000 would either pay for some urgent repairs so we can re-license, or pay about 5 months salary to our teachers!

If anything sounds interesting, please PM me.

Whatever you decide, it should be a zechus for your grandmother, and for you and your husband!

Yamama

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 2:57 pm
WHOOPS! I only read the 1st page. Congrats to you! Who knows, maybe I was meant to post it for someone else....

SORRY

Hakol Letovah

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 3:40 pm
Just remembering now another good cause, for anyone who has some tzedaka funds. a few kids with learning issues cant afford tuition.

now they are in a school that is more of a place to be at, not really catering for their needs.

Tuition assistance for a specific kid will give you the pleasure of knowing exactly where your funds are invested, and building iyh a good generation, one child at a time!

AA - Double mazal tov to you!! so glad you gave a SPECIFIC COUPLE directly vs an org.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics