Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Pony wig from Mimi's Looks
1  2  Next

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 1:05 pm
Anyone every try them? They are $275, I don't mind if they last me only 2 years, but I don't want to end up with a complete piece of garbage. My current pony wig is a bit less than 2 years old, cost $300, and the cap is tearing.

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 1:22 pm
Read the threads here, doesn't sound like they last 2 years...

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 1:29 pm
I just did.... I think I may have to pass it up. Desperate for a new one, though, but on a budget! Yikes!

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 1:37 pm
What about a Milano.
I think that you can get them for 400-450 on sale.
I have mine for 2 years and it is still in excellent condition, besides for a bit of oxidation.

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 1:38 pm
Are you happy with your current wig besides for the cap?
Caps can usually be replaced for about $30.

MamaBear

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 2:26 pm
Mine was total garbage. I could have gotten a synthetic for $40 that would have been better. It looked fine until the one month mark but then it was too late. I could elaborate about all the things I hate about it but I think you get the idea without doing so....

Chanala1

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 4:38 pm
no, don't go for milano! pple ive spoken to are happy with JAP, and thats where im heading also

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 5:52 pm
Chanala1 wrote:
no, don't go for milano! pple ive spoken to are happy with JAP, and thats where im heading also

Whoever I know with a JAP pony had it for a year maximum.
My sisters in law got the regular ones and they just don't hold a style.
Read the reviews here.

Sherri

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 6:08 pm
I honestly think in most cases you get what you pay for.

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 6:12 pm
Sherri wrote:
I honestly think in most cases you get what you pay for.

Unfortunately not in my experience.
I have 2 Shevys that are Ok and were $$$$$. I am way happier with my $500 Milano.
My mother got an expensive Shevy that lasted exactly one year, and a Jewel that was $1700 that was problematic from the beginning. She now buys Milanos for $1000 . She has a couple of them for 5-6 years.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 6:34 pm
BE CAREFUL! I was told my wig will ship to me and something entirely different arrived. Steel wool is putting it mildly. The wig was entirely different than the sample I had tried on. I wore it about 4 times and it is a real shmatteh. Oh, and did I mention it was fine for the first washing? I should have listened to my shaitel macher when she warned me...I totally consider this genevah.

OutATowner

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 8:33 pm
I love my JAP. So do several people I know, who have had them for over 2 years.

happy2beme

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 9:32 pm
DO NOT BUY.
no one on this website has had a good experience with it.
it lasted me a month. the hair looks like what they sell at the mall for cheap.

I agree about the geneivah. if it was a [gentile] , ok, (they might not be experienced about wigs & all) but a frum lady knows about wigs & quality & there's no way she thought these would be good when she sold them.

When I bought it she showed me hers & it looked perfect & she said it was 2 yo old. how can that be when mine after a month looked terrible???
it boggles my mind.
hey, it was for sure a learning experience for me! I'm much more careful now when I see a scam

groisamomma

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 10:59 pm
happy2beme wrote:
DO NOT BUY.

I agree about the geneivah. if it was a [gentile] , ok, (they might not be experienced about wigs & all) but a frum lady knows about wigs & quality & there's no way she thought these would be good when she sold them.

When I bought it she showed me hers & it looked perfect & she said it was 2 yo old. how can that be when mine after a month looked terrible???
it boggles my mind.
hey, it was for sure a learning experience for me! I'm much more careful now when I see a scam

Every word of this is true!

Dance2it

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 11:31 pm
Don't buy it, it was a big waste of money.

babygirl

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 6:52 am
are you referring to Jap or Mimi?

happy2beme wrote:
DO NOT BUY.

it boggles my mind.

ray family

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:07 am
I have 2 japs one that I wear as a pony and one curled. they've lasted 5 years and are still in good condition.
in fact I get more compliments on my JAP then I do on my nearly $3000 sheital.

Miri1

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 10:03 am
When you say "it lasted this long", what does that mean?
Split ends? Knots? Hair fell out?

5S5Sr7z3

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 12:33 pm
Thank you ladies. To the poster who said you get what you pay for, that is not always true. I paid $300 for my current pony because it was on sale, and it's lasting longer than my $1600 sheitel I got when I got married, which I had to dump after 2 months.

MamaBear

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 12:48 pm
What does "it lasted" mean? It looks like witch's hair. Straggly, straw like, ugly even with a hat on top. Plus the bangs stand up really funny. I thought once it was washed the issue would resolve itself since why would bangs puff up like that, but no. Still all funky looking, like the front was sewn in wrong. The wig really only looked good totally brand new and for the first few wears (it never looked like an amazing sheitel but it looked good enough for the price). After it "died" it was too late to return.

Lesson learned! And unless she has new better inventory, she really should back out of the industry.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels