Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Work visa in israel - help the clueless

amother

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 2:18 pm
Does anyone know the process of getting a work visa in Israel? I am in America. Should I just call the consulate? How long does it take?

ally

Post Wed, Mar 06 2013, 2:22 pm
I only know the process from within Israel.
You need to make an appointment.
At the appointment, you need to give a letter from a local Rabbi (preferably one affiliated with the Rabbanut but I don't think it is a must) stating that you are Jewish.
They send this letter to the sochnut (who will authorise it) and you come back for a second appointment to get your visa.
I think you are limited to the amount of times you can renew the visa.

Shuly

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 4:55 pm
If your spouse is a Student, you can automatically get a work visa along with his student visa. In Israel, you need to make appointment at the misrad hapnim.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 11:16 am
There is an actual work visa, but there is also an A1 visa, which is for people who could make aliyah but aren't yet. You don't need a letter from a rabbi for an actual work visa AFAIK, you do for the A1.
Google the A1 to make sure you know what it is. It's quite a good deal but limited in time.

ally

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
There is an actual work visa, but there is also an A1 visa, which is for people who could make aliyah but aren't yet. You don't need a letter from a rabbi for an actual work visa AFAIK, you do for the A1.
Google the A1 to make sure you know what it is. It's quite a good deal but limited in time.

You do need a letter from a Rabbi for the work visa because it is the Law of Return which makes you eligible.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 4:32 pm
ally wrote:
amother wrote:

You do need a letter from a Rabbi for the work visa because it is the Law of Return which makes you eligible.

That's why it's needed for an A1 visa, which is not a work visa. It allows you to work, and is for people eligible to live in Israel based on the law of return.

The actual work visa is for Jews, non-Jews, and everyone. It's a work visa, and has nothing to do with the Law of Return.

ally

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 4:52 pm
amother wrote:
ally wrote:
amother wrote:

That's why it's needed for an A1 visa, which is not a work visa. It allows you to work, and is for people eligible to live in Israel based on the law of return.

The actual work visa is for Jews, non-Jews, and everyone. It's a work visa, and has nothing to do with the Law of Return.

The work visa is free if you're Jewish (or subject to the Law of Return) and you do not need to give a proof of employment. I am pretty sure it is not the A1.

muffinsmommy

Post Sun, Mar 17 2013, 5:07 pm
What is the practical difference between the work visa and the A1? Why would someone choose one over the other? Also, does having either visa affect your Bituach Leumi? (I heard something to that effect.)

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 3:51 pm
OP here... neither of us are students. So it sounds like the A1 is what we need? How long does it take to get it? Can it be done from America? Do you just contact the consulate? I am not in NY. TIA!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions