Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
CZ jewlerly AKA fake diamonds

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 2:49 pm
Since I live in an area of high crime I was thinking about buying a cz ring. What do you think of wearing a fake ring? Do you have one? If you have one does it look fake?

brooklyn

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 2:55 pm
Cubics are very good quality there days. I think there is something that looks even better now, can't remember what they are called.

sc

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 3:56 pm
when I was engaged and my mother in law sent me to pick out a diamond ring I knew my in laws couldn't afford it and I felt bad so I asked the jeweler if she could put in a cz instead of a real diamond to reduce the price and not to tell my mother in law cuz she would feel bad so she did and anyone (except an expert) that I show my ring to has no idea that it's fake

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 3:59 pm
My jewelry is all insured.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 4:13 pm
In another thread someone mentioned a stone that looks like a diamond, but it much cheaper. I can't remember what it's called.

There's also a website where you can get lab-created diamonds. They cost more than CZ, but are much cheaper than regular diamonds.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 4:21 pm
I’m not into costume stuff and would prefer to wear a gemstones or pearls if I didn't have a real diamond to wear. Pickle, what about that?

lotte

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 4:28 pm
I Never owned and never will own diamonds.
I don't believe in diamonds .
I am happily married B'h,I can afford diamonds but why should I invest $ if people ask me where I got my stunning jewelry?
Everybody thinks its real!

Mevater

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 4:29 pm
sc wrote:
when I was engaged and my mother in law sent me to pick out a diamond ring I knew my in laws couldn't afford it and I felt bad so I asked the jeweler if she could put in a cz instead of a real diamond to reduce the price and not to tell my mother in law cuz she would feel bad so she did and anyone (except an expert) that I show my ring to has no idea that it's fake

Your post was my inspiration for the day. You should be gebentcht for what you did and the way you didn't publicize it. Also, for giving me inspiration, which everyone needs.

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 4:39 pm
My father deals in both diamonds and cz's. When I was at school, I had a pair of cz stud earrings. One girl asked me if they were "real", I answered, "well, would a gem-stone dealers daughter wear fake?!" Wink

Just one word of caution, though. It is very hard to tell a good cz from a diamond, to the untrained eye. A potential mugger would also not be able to tell, so whatever we are wearing, be it very expensive or very cheap, we should always try to keep it hidden when out and about, I.e. on the subway, etc.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 4:57 pm
I have a pair of CZ studs that I bought from Claire's and people always assume they are real.

lamplighter

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 5:10 pm
muumy Bh is right.
a mugger cant tell the siffernece either so......
get ur stuff insured.

Hannah!

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 5:10 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 5:13 pm
Why should you insure a cheap CZ ring? The whole point is that it's cheap to replace a CZ ring, a lot less than insurance will cost you to insure a diamond ring. Oh, and CZs costs a bit less than a diamond to begin with!

Mummy bh is saying that since a mugger can't tell the difference, you don't want to become a target (b/c you don't want to get hurt or have your purse taken as well), so it's best to be discreet about fake stuff too.

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 5:42 pm
DefyGravity wrote:

Mummy bh is saying that since a mugger can't tell the difference, you don't want to become a target (b/c you don't want to get hurt or have your purse taken as well), so it's best to be discreet about fake stuff too.

Took the words right out of my mouth! Smile

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 5:49 pm
I wasn't thinking of getting a big one. Just a simple CZ ring. I wouldn't want to flash it around. I just feel so nervous walking around with soemthing so expensive on my finger. I would feel more comfortable with a CZ on my finger. My husband thought it was a good idea. I think I am going to go for it. Also thought I would get a pair of cz earrings too. Thanks ladies for the inspiration.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 5:50 pm
Pickle Lady - go for it!

faigie

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 6:59 pm
in a bad area I wouldnt wear anything flashy. even if youre insured, a mugging could leave you severly injured or worse.

gryp

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 7:43 pm
I stopped wearing my jewelery outside a few months ago. Mad

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 7:55 pm
GR wrote:
I stopped wearing my jewelery outside a few months ago. Mad

because of crime?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 7:00 pm
I have nothing against fake stuff as long as it's not a gift for a bday or anniversary! lol
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars