Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Voice Therapy- Oxford Freedom

Juicy

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 9:11 pm
Wondering if anyone knows how long a session is supposed to last. My sons therapist is giving him all of 10-12 minutes per session. The first 5 minutes the therapist is busy setting up his computer... I feel cheated. I have this hell expensive insurance plan & don't even see progress after a half a year of therapy.
Anyone in the field that would know minimal amount of time that needs to be given per session when billing fully?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 9:45 pm
I would ask another therapist.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 11:43 pm
Is this through an agency or private?
I have had therapists through an agency giving me 30-35 minutes per session, I have had some who in the same given 30-35 minutes filled out the form, got the forms signed and called in for verification. I timed the actual therapy time - it was 12 minutes, while he billed for the full 35.
Privately (completely out of pocket) I get a full hour from one, a full 35 minutes from another.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 10:35 am
I got 45 minutes per session with United Health Care. Where are you located? We did ours through a hospital system, so things were more regimented. Our insurance did stop us before we were quite done because we hit our limit of sessions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children