Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Do you say Brochos each morning?
1  2  Next

Do you say Brochos each morning?
Sure, don't you have to?  
 80%  [ 8 ]
I never get around to it, between the toddler and the laundry and the phone . . . .  
 10%  [ 1 ]
Only some of it . .  
 10%  [ 1 ]
Other, explain below  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 6:23 am
a la Motek's mincha . . . got me thinkin' .....

greenfire

Post Fri, Feb 16 2007, 6:35 am
My spirituality is between me and Hashem

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 6:07 pm
I feel if I haven't said brochos yet.
sort of like when my husbands yarmulka falls of his head in the middle of his sleep and in his sleep he feels it and reaches to put it back on.

Dini

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 6:38 pm
I make an effort to say each morning, right after the baby and s/t when its hectic I forget but not happy about it.

Crayon210

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 6:55 pm
What time does it become too late to say brachos?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 6:56 pm
it's too late after shkiya.

Crayon210

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 7:00 pm
Why? What if you wake up after shkiya? What if you want to learn Torah after shkiya and you haven't said brachos yet?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 7:02 pm
are you sick? you slept the whole day into the night? maybe for sick ppl that's something else......I only asked the rov for myself, for n ormal situations, and he said you lose out on saying the brachos, not that you can't learn....

stem

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 7:03 pm
You can't say brachos before alos hashachar (or is it neitz?) I'm pretty sure you can daven and learn without it at night, but once the time comes for brachos, you can't continue without saying them. Isn't this something people have to deal with when staying up all night Shavuos?

Crayon210

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 7:04 pm
But you can't learn if you haven't said birchos hatorah.

Also, I'm not asking for practical reasons. I'm just discussing the theory. But I'm sure plenty of pepple have slept through shkiya.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 7:11 pm
So, ask your rov, Crayon, what to do if it's after shkiyah.

The rabbi who teachers our halacha shiur said you can read a sefer or a D'var Torah online, but you shouldn't "say" words of Torah until you said brachos.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 7:24 pm
Crayon, if someone works the night shift, they should ask the rov what to do.

As far as a woman, if she's attending the shiur, I don't see a problem..if she's actually giving the shiur maybe she should ask about that....

Motek

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 7:35 pm
I bless, you bless, we all bless together ... tra la la

let's keep the thread friendly Smile

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 6:48 am
This is a little embarrasing...I can't figure out how to vote in this poll...is it closed or something?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 6:53 am
right. it's an old post/poll. yael has asked me to put time limits on my polls.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 6:56 am
Ok, thanks.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 7:12 am
Crayon210 wrote:
But you can't learn if you haven't said birchos hatorah.

Also, I'm not asking for practical reasons. I'm just discussing the theory. But I'm sure plenty of pepple have slept through shkiya.
This shailoh might come up in a different form. What if a person has a safek, whether they said birchas haTorah? (it's happened to me, when you say brachos without looking in the Siddur, by heart or by rote, without any kavannah, sometimes you can't even remember whether you said it embarrassed )

The answer is that when you daven Shachris, by the Brachos preceding Krias Shema, during Ahavas Olam (or Ahavah Rabbah depending on nusach) you have in mind the inyan of birchas haTorah, when you say "v'sen blibeinu binah lhovin ul'haskil ....lishmoa, lilmod ullelamed etc v'haeir einenu b'torosecha ."( we ask Hashem to give us understanding and insight into His Torah,to study, to learn, to teach, to observe and fulfill all the teachings of the Torah with love, and enlighten our eyes with Torah .)

If one forgot to say birchas haTorah, he can rely on having said it in birchos krias shema. (if he/she did!)

Last edited by TzenaRena on Mon, May 14 2007, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Seraph

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 9:04 am
I have to say I appreciate this thread. I read it, and remembered that I forgot to say brachos. So I said it.

My rule is I don't eat anything (unless I'm gonna throw up or I'm feeling sick in any way) until I say brachos.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, May 14 2007, 10:50 am
Question: Being that women are not commanded in the mitzvah of Talmud Torah, a question arises whether she can say the birchas haTorah. the answer is yes, because she also needs to learn Torah, as part of the general need to observe the mitzvos, and know how to do them, so she can say the bracha.

If she had forgotten though, would she still not be allowed to say divrei Torah? Because she's not commanded to learn Torah, is it assur to learn it without a brocha, for her?

roza

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 6:26 pm
I almost always, say them, learned them by heart.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics