Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Quinoa
Previous  1  2

rise above

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 10:57 am
I serve it warm but it can definitely be OK room temperature- I just find food more appetizing and filling when it is warm.

willow

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 12:50 pm
I love using quinoa as salads or as a hot side. I just sauteed tons of onions and veggies with spices and added it to the hot quinoa just like you would do rice or couscous.

aebz

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 2:51 pm
LO wrote:
did you by any chance ever freeze it? Thanks again!

I don't freeze it and I think most people don't freeze it, but I do know one person who freezes it and I've never detected a difference when I've eaten it.

thinkermother

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 8:29 pm
How do u rinse quinoa if the grains r so small? Also is it a starch or a protein?

lizard8

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 8:35 pm
I make the quinoa from pereg. It comes in all different flavors. All I have to do is boil and it tastes great!

amother

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 8:57 pm
Anything saucy is good. I've eaten it with sweet & sour meatballs and spicy chinese chicken. Also in a stuffed peppers recipe instead of rice.

I like it mixed up with baked salmon and diced avocado. And underneath fried eggs.

anonymom

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 9:22 pm
thinkermother wrote:
How do u rinse quinoa if the grains r so small? Also is it a starch or a protein?

You need a soup strainer with very small holes.

Happy18

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 9:44 pm
thinkermother wrote:

I use a mesh strainer. Every other strainer I tried I lost too much quinoa.

Shana_H

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 10:39 pm
Be very careful which one you buy, the one and only time I made it I bought a package from Peru and I landed myself in the emergency room violently ill! Something to do with a soapy like substance called sapposins that are a natural part of the grain, well I thought I was dying!!!!! Took me 3 days to get over that, never again. Please take care in your preparations.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 11:04 pm
I use prerinsed quinoa and its great. I tried the other kind and half ended up down the drain.

Shana_H

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 11:13 pm
So that's the secret, buy the pre-rinsed kind, I might try again it's so good for you, my hubby'll think I've gone and lost my mind, he was the one who drove me to the ER!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen