Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Facts of life, TMI

amother

Post Wed, May 08 2013, 10:15 am
I am divorced and my ex started to tell facts of life to our daughter at a completely inappropriate level. She is 10 and is starting to develop physically but is actually not so curious and has not really asked questions. I talked to her a bit about her body but she just listened and then ran off, no questions.

He has now told her lots of detail, mainly about what happens between a man and a woman. He glossed over the stuff she needs to know like what is happening to her body, and as far as I understand has just told her about the act itself. She doesn't seem to have fully comprehended what he has told her, and I think I need to set the record straight in certain areas. As far as that goes, should I be correcting get misinterpretations of the act, or just leaving it for when she is older?

Can anyone recommend a good book that is not too graphic that talks about body changes and puberty without going into the inappropriate stuff?

thinkermother

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 12:59 am
There is a book called growing up and liking it. Good luck!

Isramom8

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 1:13 am
1. The Wonder of Becoming You by Dr. Miriam Grossman
2. The Care and Keeping of You by The American Girls Company (more detailed)

Neither book discusses male-female relations. They are good for explaining puberty to younger girls.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children