Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Really annoying job search help

amother

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 9:06 pm
I'm looking for a job in the new place we're moving to over the summer. People are trying to be nice and helpful, but some of the suggestions are no good, and then they get all huffy ("well, beggars can't be choosers, so just take anything that's kind of related to what you do") when I don't even apply for the job. I am a high school teacher and have been for a long time. No, I can't just teach a 2nd grade class because I'm a teacher. It doesn't work like that. I am trained and specialized and experienced in a particular age group and I can't just go and work with a different age group. It's not the same skill set at all! Also, it kind of smacks of the old canard of well, how hard can it be to teach anyway. Somehow, I doubt anyone has ever told a doctor looking for a job "well, I know you're a gynecologist but you should totally apply for that cardiologist job. You can't be too picky these days. What's the big deal? They both require a medical degree and they both end in -ologist!" Anyway, just feeling really Banging head right now...

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, May 09 2013, 11:12 pm
oh I HATE that snotty attitude about teachers---- if you teach, you can teach ANY grade because hey, it's JUST teaching.

BLEAHHHH!

hold out for the position that's right for YOU! And may it come soon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics