Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Work-from-home/ freelance work suggestions

amother

Post Mon, May 20 2013, 10:48 pm
I have been doing some freelance projects for a while now but lately I haven't gotten any new leads.

I am interested in working from home preferably, but part time out of the house is also ok.

My main goal is basic bookkeeping but I wouldn't mind proofreading or editing written material.

I do not have any degrees and have already tried most sites listed on another thread.

Any suggestions of leads or ideas along these lines are welcome.

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 9:14 am
I realize I may have posted too late (or early) for most people to answer. Bumping it up....

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 12:05 pm
My main work and income is in direct sales and network marketing but on the side for fun and to learn a bit I took on some projects--- rather than look at them as freelance work FOR someone else, I looked at it as having a separate (VERY part time) business, and marketed it accordingly. So when one project cancelled out on me (she could no longer afford me), I had someone right behind her to fill in that gap. You want to have a waiting list of people who want/need your services.

One problem is that bookeeping and editing are 2 very separate professions. Exactly WHAT do you want to be doing? Part time? Full time? What marketing methods HAVE you used to sell yourself? If you put yourself out there on social media and in the community and in your niche as an expert in your field (whether you choose bookeeping, editing, or something else completely) and are putting out great content daily (linkedin, facebook, twitter, etc) and interacting with potential leads, you'll start working and word will spread.

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 12:32 pm
OP here.

I am aware that I have listed to separate types of professions.

Bookkeeping is what I am really looking for.

Editing is what I would enjoy- it is just another option for suggestions.

So far I have been working from home at my own pace, unless there was a specific deadline.

I have not yet really marketed my skills. I got my leads from someone specific (outsourcing style Cool )

I don't use social media, but I "network" in person thereby spreading the word.

Am I missing anything here?

amother

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.

I am aware that I have listed two separate types of professions.

Bookkeeping is what I am really looking for.

Editing is what I would enjoy- it is just another option for suggestions.

So far I have been working from home at my own pace, unless there was a specific deadline.

I have not yet really marketed my skills. I got my leads from someone specific (outsourcing style Cool )

I don't use social media, but I "network" in person thereby spreading the word.

Am I missing anything here?

Couldn't edit original post because I posted anon and hit submit too soon.... embarrassed

JAWSCIENCE

Post Tue, May 21 2013, 12:41 pm
Marketing is definitely the toughie and I would to brainstorm with others on this issue. I have a business to help people with their applications to college and graduate school. The pre-health side of the business has been attracting clients through some google ads I placed but the undergraduate admissions is progressing at a slower pace and I would like to figure out knew ways of marketing this business. I really need to get in with high schools but convincing some of them that applying to college is something we actually need to spend time on is a bit tough.

When you say you use word of mouth what exactly have you done?
Also, have you considered placing a targeted ad? Who is your target client?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics