Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Britax marathon vs frontier wwyd?

speaks the truth

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 8:37 pm
My just three year old needs a new car seat and was wondering if I should buy the frontier for her. or switch her little sister, who is currently in a radian rxt, and buy a marathon for her, and put the three year old in the radian? Thanks

bamamama

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 12:42 am
If she's still RF, I've heard that the Frontier is a bear to install RF. All your options sound safe. I'd go for what's cheapest or what works best in your vehicle.

Liba

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 12:53 am
The Frontier may NEVER be installed rear facing. It is a forward facing seat ONLY. It installs pretty easily when installing it as designed. It is only designed to be forward facing and for children over 40lbs.

We have a Frontier and love it. It is a great seat and has a longer time until it expires than any other seat I have encountered. Britax says it is fine for 9 years (from the date of manufacture).

bamamama

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 1:36 am
Liba wrote:
The Frontier may NEVER be installed rear facing. It is a forward facing seat ONLY. It installs pretty easily when installing it as designed. It is only designed to be forward facing and for children over 40lbs.

We have a Frontier and love it. It is a great seat and has a longer time until it expires than any other seat I have encountered. Britax says it is fine for 9 years (from the date of manufacture).
oh gah. You are right. A friend was telling me what a pain the long-belt installation is (she's a cpst) and I must've assumed she meant RF.

Liba

Post Thu, May 23 2013, 4:08 am
Smile Yeah, long belt installations are never fun. The good news is, it is rarely necessary with the Frontier. Unlike the Traveler Plus, where the long belt route is prefered, there is no safety difference between the short belt route and the long belt route on the Frontier.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics