Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Chronic runny nose?

happymom29

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:35 pm
All my children, aged 6 months to 6 years, have a runny nose all the time, the whole year that never goes away, I was told by the doctor that it will go away eventually and Im waiting but my 6 year old still has it. Im literally walking round with a tissue in my hand all day and Im quite fed up with this.
Does any one know why this can be, or have any experience with such a thing? What could be the cause of it? I know children get runny noses but not ones that NEVER go away!! Anyone??

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:44 pm
It could be a series of colds but more likely it's an allergy to something.

happymom29

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:46 pm
any idea to what?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:47 pm
My two youngest had chronic upper respiratory infections. Runny nose, junky cough, leaky eyes, ALL the time. Every season, didn't matter the weather, it was crazy.

I did a ton of research and then took them both off of dairy. Cleared up in 5-6 days and BH nothing of note since (4 1/2 months so far) after more than a year of constant illness.

Your kids' symptoms don't sound as extreme as my kids', but chronic upper respiratory issues can be caused by dairy allergies.

Also, maybe see a chiropractor or osteopathic doctor for a different perspective?

happymom29

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 3:55 pm
Thanks, I read about the respiratory infection but my kids only have the runny nose and no other symtoms so I dont think its that. I have also heard about dairy allergies, but my kids dont have that much dairy, just abowl of cereal and milk in the morning and sometimes cheese, not every day, and my baby only drinks mothers milk so that cant be the reason for her....I would love to know what it is.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 4:01 pm
If you eat dairy, your baby does.

Have you seen am ENT? Could be adnoids...

IMHopinion

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 4:28 pm
GO TO AN ENT. Make an appt now. With all of your kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics