Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dukan diet

iluvfood

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 5:46 am
I started the dukan diet 3 weeks ago and I have so far lost 9 lbs! I really struggle what to eat on shabbos. has anyone else done this diet and can advise? thanks

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 5:57 am
Do NOT do it. I repeat, do NOT do it. They all regret doing it (it used to be trendy here) as they gain back and more, and you can get very sick too.

chani8

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 6:16 am
I just googled it and really Ruchel, it's not so scary. LOL

It's a low carb, high protein diet. No calorie counting.

Very similar to Atkins.

I know Atkins very well.

The biggest problem with any diet, is the lack of calorie counting. I know calorie counting is a chore, but bottom line of losing weight is,

you must burn more calorie than you eat, in order to lose weight.

If you count carbs instead of calories, you can still end up eating too many calories. Or, in my case, too little calores (and get weak from it).

So the diet is fine, OP. Just watch on yourself. If you ever feel weak, check that you're eating enough calories. If you don't lose, then check to see that you're not eating too many calories.

As far as Shabbat, I eat one slice of bread. The mitzva of the meal overrides any diet that's not pikuach nefesh, imo. And we switched to low alcohol wine because it has much less sugar than grape juice.

I also feel that any diet that prevents me from making brachot, is not healthy for my neshama. Obviously I'm talking fad diets not health based diets.

What else about shabbat are you wondering about? What to make?

Did you hear that imamothers have a support network on MyFitnessPal.com? We're all counting calories together and doing great. Think about joining us!

iluvfood

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 6:37 am
I have also been ounting my calories on my fitness pal. how do I join the support group

chani8

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 7:07 am
iluvfood wrote:
I have also been ounting my calories on my fitness pal. how do I join the support group

Gee, I'm not sure. If you go to your MFP page, at the top it says "community" then down the page, does it list any group forums for you?

Mine shows ImAFitnessPal. Do you see it there? If not then Squishy can help you.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 8:08 am
Sorry Chani. I live among a community where every other person has tried and I hear it again and again. I'm all for diets, even hardcore diets if need be, but I stand by DDD (don't do Dukan LOL )

Yocheved84

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 8:12 am
chani8 wrote:

Did you hear that imamothers have a support network on MyFitnessPal.com? We're all counting calories together and doing great. Think about joining us!

How do I find you guys? I'm on that website, too, but don't see how to find others. Thanks!

chani8

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 8:27 am
Yocheved84 wrote:
chani8 wrote:

How do I find you guys? I'm on that website, too, but don't see how to find others. Thanks!

I can't recall how to do it. I'm chani8 on there, so go to 'community' then 'find friend's' and then put in my username and see if it comes up. Once we're friends, then I'll 'introduce' you to everyone. I think that's how we could do it.

Squishy is also on there as 'squishylove' so you could try her, too. She's the boss of the group.

Kumphort

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 8:27 am
Don't have any experience with this diet but every time I see it mentioned I think it says dunkin diet and wonder what kind of diet has you eating dunkin donuts all day long?

That being said, I have recently started a low carb diet

Shabbos :
Plain non fat Greek yogurt with fresh fruits for breakfast
Salad with grilled veggies for lunch
Snacks :
Fruit
Nuts fresh popped popcorn

Supper. Usually after shabbos sald with some sort of milchig protien

Good luck

Yocheved84

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 8:55 am
chani8 wrote:
Yocheved84 wrote:
chani8 wrote:

I can't recall how to do it. I'm chani8 on there, so go to 'community' then 'find friend's' and then put in my username and see if it comes up. Once we're friends, then I'll 'introduce' you to everyone. I think that's how we could do it.

Squishy is also on there as 'squishylove' so you could try her, too. She's the boss of the group.

Thanks!

chani8

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 9:24 am
Kumphort wrote:
Don't have any experience with this diet but every time I see it mentioned I think it says dunkin diet and wonder what kind of diet has you eating dunkin donuts all day long?

That being said, I have recently started a low carb diet

Shabbos :
Plain non fat Greek yogurt with fresh fruits for breakfast
Salad with grilled veggies for lunch
Snacks :
Fruit
Nuts fresh popped popcorn

Supper. Usually after shabbos sald with some sort of milchig protien

Good luck

Are you also vegetarian?

We'd love to see you on MFP, too! There are many other low carbers there (including me, minus pizza day).

yamz

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 11:47 am
You can eat real fish (not gefilte fish) that has been baked, broiled or poached without a sugary sauce.

You can make roasted vegetables, salad, or greenbeans. You can even make broccoli kugel without adding flour. You can add a tablespoon of cornstarch instead. I have seen cornstarch used in his own recipes, so it should be fine.

You can make marinated grilled chicken cutlets without a sweet marinade.

You can have sugar free jello for dessert.

For Shalosh Seudot you can eat eggs. Or fat free yogurt or cottage cheese. You can cut up vegetables and make a dip out of yogurt with salt and spices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise