Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What do you think of this?
1  2  Next

jewgal84

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 6:10 pm
http://onlysimchas.com/galleri.....eid=0

Flowerchild

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 6:15 pm
purim shtick? a bit early but...... its a school "play", make believe for the kids, I dont think its real, just fun for the kids.

LikeMeDoes

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 6:21 pm
I saw this and I was trying to figure out what it was. A birthday party? Doesn't look like camp.

(The Kallah doesn't look too happy either)

JMto2

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 6:21 pm
I think it is adorable I take it its a purim thing in school

Flowerchild

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 6:22 pm
its a purim thing, or just a fun mock wedding for the kids to have fun with for sure.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 6:29 pm
very werid!!! its one thing when all the participants of a mock wedding are girls, but when a real boy and a real girll have a mockwedding...

momto4

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 6:34 pm
I actually know who these people are. this girl always loves to play wedding and cant wait to be a kallah. her mother made her a wedding for her birthday party. im sure the girl had blast!

queen

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 7:15 pm
momto4 wrote:
I actually know who these people are. this girl always loves to play wedding and cant wait to be a kallah. her mother made her a wedding for her birthday party. im sure the girl had blast!

oh my goodness..... that is really something I"ve never heard of before!!!!

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 11:42 pm
this is weird, but funny

baseballmom

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 11:44 pm
A little over the top imo

mumoo

Post Mon, Feb 26 2007, 11:57 pm
I know they are little, Maybe it wasn't true, but I once heard of two kids who were in a play, boy and girl over bar mitzvah and in the play he gave her a ring and she needed a get and was considered divorced.

jewgal84

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 12:20 am
mumoo wrote:
I know they are little, Maybe it wasn't true, but I once heard of two kids who were in a play, boy and girl over bar mitzvah and in the play he gave her a ring and she needed a get and was considered divorced.

I was wondering the same thing.

Why would they post it on only simchas under weddings?

sarahd

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 4:44 am
These kids are obviously under bar-bas mitzvah, so it's probably not a problem. But I must say, the kallah doesn't look too happy. Not one smile in any of the pictures; in fact, she looks on the verge of tears sometimes.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 7:54 am
I think it's absolutely adorable.

suomynona

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 8:21 am
mumoo wrote:

If you look closely at the pictures, you'll see that the teacher, or whoever she is, gives the kallah the ring instead of the chosson.

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 9:50 am
momto4 wrote:

sarahd wrote:
These kids are obviously under bar-bas mitzvah, so it's probably not a problem. But I must say, the kallah doesn't look too happy. Not one smile in any of the pictures; in fact, she looks on the verge of tears sometimes.

no offense, mt4, but this girl looked more miserable then she looked like she was having a blast

shopaholic

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 12:42 pm
I had a feeling that it was a birthday party with a wedding theme, like momof4 said. Interesting. I would have just bought wedding decorations & party goods

amother

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 1:33 pm
sarahd wrote:

Not off to a very good start! Sad Wink

mumoo

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 2:30 pm
It's nice to see your sensitive side, seven.
However, I don't think its all that great for chinuch reasons. I remember Shalhevet once saying that if you give your children chocolate milk all week, it's not a Shabbos treat. Along those lines, I've been to Bar Mitzvahs where I can't help but wonder, how will they top this for the chassuna?

Imho, a 6 year old can appreciate a birthday party with friends, ice cream sundaes and games or a craft project.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 1:56 pm
a girl in my dd's class made a mock wedding for her bas mitzva - everyone was assigned who they were going to be and should come dressed like the part. I guess it can be interesting .... if you're into it! Nice cake
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics