Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Looking for a weight loss partner
1  2  Next

Esther01

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 10:01 am
I am looking for someone who is struggling to loose weight. not 2-3 lbs, but more like 20-30...
I need someone who I can talk to at the end of the day, discuss how the day went and what I am plannig for the next day. like a mentor who is in the same boat...
I have lost already 40 lbs and am now having a really hard time to stick to it for the next 30.

if anyone is interested, please pm... I am becoming pretty desparate.

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 12:34 pm
How are you doing it? not everyone has the same style.

Esther01

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 2:15 pm
Quote:
How are you doing it?

I am on a regular diet. (don't want to name which one) how else do you loose weight?

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 2:55 pm
I don’t know! Maybe you need a Start Fresh buddy, weight watchers, Leiders diet… goodness knows! I’m doing cinch, I’m loving it.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 2:56 pm
I think that's very nice! If you don't find someone here, PM me and there are other forums you can join for this.

Esther01

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 3:01 pm
I don't think it makes a difference which diet one is on, it's more for the insentive and motivation. and then each one does what works best for thier body.
diet is about behavior and habbit changes, and thats what I am working on and need support for.
I just thought that someone who is struggling to loose about the same amount of weight like myself would feel the same way (maybe I am wrong)

I guess it wouldn't be you Wink

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 3:03 pm
I lost my weight at the end of 2004. sorry. I DO maintain, however . . .

Esther01

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 3:08 pm
chocolate
thanks for your advice.

(the statement 'I guess it wouldn't be you was directed to, with humer)

it is amazing that you are maintainig all this time. you can share some tips.

S.Shcwartz

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 3:24 pm
I got 20 to lose...
withhumor, isnt cinch mega expensive?

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 3:30 pm
The program costs plenty however for more than a month now I’m only doing the shake! I try to have a shake a day and honestly, it’s the first shake ever that I was able to swallow. I’m extremely picky and sensitive to yucky powders and stuff. This one is purely good, I must say. The Café Latte is the newest flavor and I have at least one in the morning and I’m full all day! Results can vary but for me, it was the magic bracha I was waiting for. Instead of grabbing food all day, I’m full and relaxed. Go figure.

S.Shcwartz

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 6:46 pm
ok so all you took is a shake... first of all, how much is that, and is that enough? I mean you lost weight by drinking the shake?!

withhumor

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 6:48 pm
Look! Someone actually asked me to answer some more, so I posted a lot more over here:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....21962

baseballmom

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 7:49 pm
I need to lose 20-25 pounds and would love a partner. I am planning to just "eat less" and exercise and I am sure it will work...I just need a little motivation...having a parnter would be great!

sc

Post Tue, Feb 27 2007, 10:57 pm
I lost 80 pounds and have 30-40 left if you're still looking for a partner you can pm me

withhumor

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 9:22 am
3cutiesmommy your plan is what’s supposed to work except I don’t think you figured in the 3 cuties and the hormones and stresses of life. It can be a drag and your willpower may go up in flames. Perhaps you need something more rigid which you can follow like a robot when you feel like you want to ‘stop controlling yourself’. How about a planned menu, which you can prepare in advance? If you know you have that tuna prepared in the fridge, you will be less likely to grab a muffin, eh?

Maybe I should mention that I lost 80 lbs in 5 months after baby # 1, simply by joining start fresh. I was HIGHLY motivated, went with family and friends, it was fun. I even maintained it until I got pregnant with #2. This doesn’t happen very often and that’s why I am consistently failing with every other diet. It’s not the diet, it’s the support and if you won’t find it, at least support yourself by planning the NIGHT before! That’s’ what Marcia used to tell us to do… in the good old days.

Another trick. Instead of having a ‘future’ picture of yourself on the fridge, put a ‘before’ picture. When you walk to the fridge and see it, your appetitive will go away. Trust me. Or you can put a pig’s head on the shelf in the fridge, same effect. Okay, now I got you!
LOL LOL

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 9:39 am
I agree - a planned menu really helps out.

I'm on a low cholesterol diet and it really helps that they give me sample menus, so I plan my menus from that. They're perfect menus for someone that's trying to lose weight, b/c it's a balanced 1800 calorie per day diet. (I just leave out some of the bread so I can shave off 200 calories from it).

lotte

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 9:19 pm
withhumor wrote:
! I’m doing cinch, I’m loving it.

Youre lovin it??????? Smile Are u losing on it too?

lamplighter

Post Wed, Feb 28 2007, 9:29 pm
I have gained 25 pounds in 1 year and its gotta go.....
id love a partner!

withhumor

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 9:01 am
Of course I’m loving it. If you wake up in the morning and ignore your need for food, it catches up on you. If you keep eating unstructured meals without a plan, it catches up on you. if I have my shake in the morning, and another one if I remember… if I follow the plan 100% what’s there not to love?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 01 2007, 10:16 am
But what's going to be once you're off of it? How do you go back to eating normally?

LA, have you had your thyroid checked?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise