Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
USA Mesivta H.S. How many nights Mishmar?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 8:22 am
How many nights do you know that they have mishmar? Does it change with the grade?

What "type" of yeshiva? ie chassidish, yeshivish, MO?

My ds's yeshiva just changed the amount and I was wanting to see if what they are doing is common or not.

Thanks. Amother because I am asking everyone irl.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 9:29 am
In my ds's highschool mesivta, they have mishmar mon - thurs until 8.15, sunday is an optional mishmar because they have to come back to yeshiva for it (unless they are dorming then they are there already of course). same for all grades, 9 - 12
this is in baltimore

definitely not all yeshivas are teh same, the other yeshvas in town have longer mishmar hours than my son's yeshiva.

busydev

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 5:55 pm
The yeshiva I work for has night seder every night. Is that what you mean by mishmor? They also have additional mishmor thursday night which is after maariv. (maariv is at 9:30 and most nights thats when seder ends)

its a yeshiva OOT if that makes a difference tho there are plenty of bochrim who live in town. Most do dorm tho.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 6:23 pm
that's a very broad spectrum for any exact answer ... one school is as different as the other not to mention different states within the usa

I know one school that had it only thursday night whilst another every single night in my locale alone

amother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 7:13 pm
Yes, I mean night seder. I know it is a broad spectrum but I just want to know. Are these kids supposed to get any down time at home or not? (If they aren't dorming).

oliveoil

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 8:57 pm
Night seder every night till 8:30 or 9pm. Thursday nights is what they call "mishmor" which goes much later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children