Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
City Mini vs. the GT

chanainisrael

Post Sat, Jul 20 2013, 4:15 pm
I"m thinking of buying a GT soon, as my current single stroller has seen better days.

Who here has a GT and can tell me of their experiences with folding it for taxi and bus rides. Is it reasonably doable, or do you find it too heavy?

Where did you buy it? Price? Did you pay extra for the belly bar? Does a buggy board work on it w/o the older child being comfortable on it?

thanks ladies!

amother

Post Fri, Jul 26 2013, 3:49 am
For anyone that needs the info.
So went to Chasdei Shmuel recently...
The GT is 2000
The 4 wheel City Mini 4 wheel is 1590 and the regular city mini is 1490

I ended up buying the 4 wheeler..nice to push around, easy to fold, weight limit up to 65 lb (according to the city mini US. The brochure at the store said only up to 15 kg . When I got home, I looked up the city mini for the uk, and according to some EU standards, the stroller can only hold up to 15 kg. I personally think this is misleading, since this is the same stroller sold in the US.)

Weight limit for the regular city mini I believe is 50 lbs.

Plus, they included the belly bar for free.

sunny90

Post Fri, Jul 26 2013, 6:52 am
I had the City Mini for 3.5 years until it broke and then we got the GT (from America).
It's definitely much easier to push and maneuver, it's not much bigger than the CM and still easy to fold and load into cars. I love it!

amother

Post Fri, Jul 26 2013, 10:08 am
Amother above - do you know the prices in Chasdei Shmuel for a double citi mini or a double citi mini GT?

Thanks!
(sorry to hijack the thread OP!)

chanainisrael

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 11:04 am
Thanks for the info amother! My DH will be in shock if I come home with a 2000 shek stroller. I think I'll stick with the 4 wheeler one.

sababa

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 8:50 am
My SIL bought the GT and said it's not worth it - too heavy for on/off busses and the 3 wheel thing makes it hard to balance when pushing onto buses. she also recommends the 4 wheel... (in hindsight)

MMCH

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 10:10 am
I have the city mini and I say get the GT!
I pushed a friend of mine's, the push has really no comparison! its like you dont feel the kids sitting in there!
I will admit though when folded, it doesnt have the same compactness as the city mini.
but I would still buy it for the push and the adjustable handle bar alone.

justmarried

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 2:42 pm
I have a citi mini GT double stroller. I am very happy with the way it pushes, and it folds fast and easily. The one thing that bothers me is that the automatic lock does not work properly. You have to push it really hard for it to lock. But that might not apply to the single stroller.

I bought it in Boro Park at Dainty Baby on 12th Avenue and 36th Street. They have a beautiful showroom where you can try out a lot of strollers, and they have great prices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions