Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Something small for my dds doctor

nufstuf2do

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 12:30 pm
We have been at the doctor sometimes even three times a wek. my dd is 18 month and 16 of themwe came evryweek. the doctor alwys greeted us with a freidly hello and a smile. We felt that we are a bother to him.
so we want to give him sometg small as an encoregement!!

does aone out their have any idas?

octopus

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 12:32 pm
he gets paid. maybe a nice note. otherwise it may just be very awkward.

doublemama

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 12:45 pm
I would give something homemade, something small and heartfelt. I have done things like this before and it isn't awkward. I would cross stitch a towel or make some jam, something you do well. Or if you want to just do a card, make it yourself. If you feel, strange send it in the mail or drop it off in his office on the way out or something. I am sure he would love it and the thought behind it, you see him so often, it is like family now!

PAMOM

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 2:17 pm
Yes, he's doing his job and yes, he gets paid, but your point is that he makes you feel comfortable asking questions whereas someone less mentch-y might not. You're very nice to recognize this strong point. I agree with something small and a note. If you don't bake , etc, get a small plant ( 10.00 orchid from Trader Joe or 18 at Whole Foods).

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 2:29 pm
another vote for he gets paid ...

I have seen doctors who have walls of pictures from their 'babies' - so a picture of baby could be nice

shirachadasha

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 4:03 pm
Your child has been to the doctor every week for 16 months? Please make sure you get a gift for yourself too. I wish the best of health to your family.

malka1237

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 5:00 pm
Not all doctors that get paid have such a great attitude and make u feel comfortable asking questions or whatever else... I vote for the orchid plant idea. That should b nice and he could keep it in his office.

nufstuf2do

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 10:55 am
Thank you so much everyone! your ideas were great:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics