Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Pregnant and disconnected from kids

boysmom79

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 8:25 am
work full time and used to come home together with my kids, spend time w them, supper bedtime etc.- I used to try to spend quality time with each child a few times a week.
Now I am pregnant and come home from work, sit around and I am too tired to do anything! Supper is sandwiches and noodles- I or my dh put the 3 little kids to bed quickly( I have no patience to talk anymore) and then I go to sleep.

I feel guilty that the older kids just sit around, play sports and kind of put themselves to bed. It works- but I feel so disconnected from them!!

For example, my 8 year old was away for the summer for 3 weeks-he just came home and I spent a little time with him, but not too much- I am feeling so bad that I didn't talk to him in bed or play monopoly like he asked...

And the main reason I feel guilty is that my house is basically running with minimal involvement on my part! Does this mean my kids don't need me? Should I be doing more? I am always more irritable and tired when pregnant, and dh is good at picking up the slack...

I know I'm rambling...

smilethere

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 8:57 am
Don't feel guilty, try your best, and hopefully in another few months you will feel better and more energetic.

Is there no way you can take a 20 min break in middle of the day and snooze? - it really gives you extra energy.

Serve the simplest meals, get as much cleaning help as you can financially, and as soon as your children go to sleep go as well.

You don't have to function, just exist, and conserve a tiny bit of energy for your children and husband.

Don't worry about doing more, there will be times you have no choice to, and as long as things are running kind of smoothly, everybody is fed and clothes are clean (not necessarily ironed or folded) you are doing a great job.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics