Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lancaster, dutch wonderland

ymbarach

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 9:57 pm
hi. Does anybody know if there is still a mincha/maariv minyan by Dutch Wonderland so my husband doesn't have to leave the park to daven? Last summer it was by the koshermart stand, but that closed down and is moving. Also, did anybody stay at the doubletree resort with indoor water park?was it clean and worth the extra few minutes drive?

chaya35

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 10:25 pm
Stayed at the Double tree a few summers ago right after they opened. It was beautiful and clean and my kids loved the water park.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 10:27 pm
We loved the water park in the hotel as well. The place was clean and gave good service. There should be an unofficial mincha area at the park. There will probably be enough men to make more than one minyan.

MMCH

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 11:15 pm
SO SO WORTH IT!!
the double tree was awesome. kids loved it. comfortable, clean, amazing water park, had a refrigerator in the room for food.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 11:55 am
How far is the double tree from dutch wonderland?
Also, how big is the water park in the hotel? Is it enough to keep kids busy for a day?

themom

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 3:25 pm
Just curious if you were able to get any good deals for Dutch Wonderland?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 4:02 pm
Anyone know if there is a shacharis minyan anywhere near the doubletree?

ymbarach

Post Wed, Jul 31 2013, 10:20 am
we just came back from the trip and the hotel was really great. the indoor waterpark kept my kids busy for about 2 hours(but it was deeper than we thought it would be).The hotel also had an very nice outdoor playground, basketball courts, and a corn maze to walk through. we got great pics. Also, there was arts n crafts for low cost which kept them busy. there is a shacharis minyan at degel Israel shul very close by.my husband got a mincha and maariv minyan by the front entrance of the park by word of mouth. definitely worth the stay in the hotel because it kept my kids busy when we weren't at dutch and was not more expensive than the other ones.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 31 2013, 12:17 pm
we went to sesame place and my husband wasn't so comfortable by the lack of tznious there.. is the water park in double tree hotel similar - lots of adults in bathing suits, etc? I heard dutch wonderland is moer tznious but curious about this hotel with water park.

ymbarach

Post Wed, Jul 31 2013, 9:14 pm
At the time we went to the indoor waterpark (about 2:30) there was only 2 other frum families around there with us and a lifeguard who was wearing shorts and tanktop. after a while someone else came not dressed appropriately so my husband left the area and I stayed with my kids (still young enough to be able to do that). in general my husband is very makpid about going to places tzniusdig and appropriate (he personally wouldn't go to sesame place) . this is our second year in dutch wonderland and it was full of frum ppl because they have rules regarding modesty (they even told me my 2 yr old needs shorts with her bathing suit to walk around). their water park is separate area so even though ppl are not necessarily dressed the way you would, nobody is in a bathing suit. all in all, if u feel like your family needs to get away, then this is a great option. the hotel water area is a personal decision. there will be times when it will be less crowded and times when you should not go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics