Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
R' Shimshon Stock OBM

lamplighter

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 11:44 am
Boruch Dayan Emes to a true Ba'al Chesed.
He epitomized the concept of Sefivng hashem wiht joy and did everyhtign in his power to help others live their lives that way.
He will be sorely missed.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 12:15 pm
I am so sorry

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 2:00 pm
I have heard a bit about this man, that he was a real tzaddik. I would love to hear more.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 2:01 pm
I did not know he was that sick.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 2:07 pm
Years ago R. Shimson OBM wrote articles on important topics for the N'Shei Newsletter. He was humorous and on the mark at the same time. It would be great if they could reprint or make reprints available.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 2:25 pm
He had a heart attack upon hearing that his wife has yena machla

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 2:30 pm
Oy, his poor wife, NOw she has to deal with both. How sad.
How long were they married?

bashinda

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 3:12 pm
amother: thanks for the loshon hara

BD"E He shall be missed!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 3:15 pm
Another amother here, Wasn't he going to be hounered at some even both him and his wife ohel menachem was it or something Crying
Boruch dayan emes

amother

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 6:58 pm
He helped more than 150 weekly with money for groceries. He helped a friend of mine get a new sheitel when she seperated from her husband. He tried to help get my husband a better job. He helped so many people. He will be very missed by many people. I really liked speaking to him. He was honest and sometimes a bit harsh but very kind. I had tears in my eyes when I heard about his passing. The world will not be the same without him here.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 8:12 pm
I always so enjoyed his sensible approach to frum issues and I hope that someone will publish a book of his wisdom and tell the stories of his organization CSSY. I strongly feel that those such as Reb Shimon OBM, who contributed so much to Yiddishkeit should not be forgotten. I hope that more people will tell their stories here such as the one that the above amother told.
I remember my children telling me how he would raise money by stationing himself at the line by the Ohel and calling out, " take your money out of your wallets, remove a dollar, put the dollar back in your wallets and give the rest to CSSY!"

amother

Post Sun, Mar 04 2007, 9:04 pm
I recently spoke with him and he corrected me if I refered to him as rabbi. He said hes not a rabbi. I still can't believe he is gone. I was about to call him this week. Crying

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 12:08 pm
He was a dear friend of my parents who was a true Tzadik. For years my parents haven't been giving MM. They give a nice check to Shimshon for CSSY & give their friends who come over, a poem saying this. This year they put a note asking people to give too in his zchus.

Motek

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 2:39 pm
amother wrote:
He had a heart attack upon hearing that his wife has yena machla

He was seriously ill with diabetes and he and his wife both had heart attacks on the same day, the day they were going to be honored at Lub. Yeshiva's dinner. His wife was released quickly while he, with diabetes was in much worse shape. This is what I heard. Not promising it's accurate.

I also liked his column in the N'Shei Chabad Newsletter years ago. Practical advice about marriage, the misery of divorce, warned against credit card debt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics