Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Have you been to Virginia with kids?

amother

Post Sat, Jul 27 2013, 11:11 pm
Would like to go to Virginia for the week with kids. Not sure which area were going to to be staying in.Any ideas of a nice clean place to stay? Do u have a nice itinerary of things to see and do in Virginia? Also wondering about Minyanim and Kosher food. Would love some help. Thanks

imasinger

Post Sun, Jul 28 2013, 4:49 am
I know that there are Jews in the DC area and in the Richmond area.

My kids enjoyed the Natural Bridge.

Try Googling "Virginia tourism kids" and see what attractions are your type.

fromnj

Post Tue, Jul 30 2013, 12:50 pm
You can stay in the Alexandria/Fairfax area with close access to minyanim and food. From there you are just a metro ride away from all of the DC sites.

I have a friend in Norfolk and I know there is a shul there. I think that is near beaches.

We stayed years ago at the Chabad in Richmond (the FarbrengInn) They have kosher meals, a shul, separate swimming hours, etc. They are pretty close to Colonial Williamsburg.

Friends of mine are going to Colonial Williamsburg for a week and staying at a hotel nearby. Richmond does have kosher food in the supermarkets. Most new hotels have refrigerators.

gottago

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 12:29 pm
Not sure if you are still interested, but I live in Norfolk, VA and would love to help you out. We are about 45 minutes from colonial Williamsburg and Busch gardens and 1/2 hour from VA Beach. We have a kosher pizza shop and minyanim every day. You can message me for info.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 07 2013, 1:33 pm
I live in Richmond! Very Happy
It's great!
Lots to do and see.

Kosher there is only one restaurant, but there are several markets that have kosher food and the do a kosher pizza night at the Orthodox shul on most Thursday nights.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating