Home

Best "I can't believe it's Pesachdik" recipe?
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 2:02 am
nicole81 wrote:
the molten chocolate cakes from this site were a huge hit with my family and guests the first days. I'll be making them again second days. I do at least 1 milchig lunch so I serve them with vanilla ice cream and they were out of this world. I might even make them for shabbos with strawberry sorbet.

disclaimer: I had issues inverting them with the prescribed baking time, so I did bake them longer. they were probably less runny than intended, but still soft and gooey in the middle.
Did you make them on YT, and serve immediately?
Back to top

nicole81




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 2:08 am
ra_mom wrote:
nicole81 wrote:
the molten chocolate cakes from this site were a huge hit with my family and guests the first days. I'll be making them again second days. I do at least 1 milchig lunch so I serve them with vanilla ice cream and they were out of this world. I might even make them for shabbos with strawberry sorbet.

disclaimer: I had issues inverting them with the prescribed baking time, so I did bake them longer. they were probably less runny than intended, but still soft and gooey in the middle.
Did you make them on YT, and serve immediately?


yep. measured out the ingredients before the meal and then melted the chocolate and whisked everything together as soon as we finished up the main course.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 2:24 am
nicole81 wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
nicole81 wrote:
the molten chocolate cakes from this site were a huge hit with my family and guests the first days. I'll be making them again second days. I do at least 1 milchig lunch so I serve them with vanilla ice cream and they were out of this world. I might even make them for shabbos with strawberry sorbet.

disclaimer: I had issues inverting them with the prescribed baking time, so I did bake them longer. they were probably less runny than intended, but still soft and gooey in the middle.
Did you make them on YT, and serve immediately?


yep. measured out the ingredients before the meal and then melted the chocolate and whisked everything together as soon as we finished up the main course.
Thanks!
Back to top

Mevater




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 3:49 pm
Any other successful "I can't believe it's Pesachdik" recipes that you enjoyed in previous years?

TIA
Back to top

CatLady




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 4:12 pm
This thread would be incomplete without Marcy Goldman's legendary Matzo Buttercrunch. Click here!!!
Back to top

Mevater




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 3:06 pm
Can we start adding to this list?

Anyone got hold of any amazing Pesach recipes?
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 4:35 pm
I find that the best recipes are those that are made with natural ingredients that are used year round. Like fresh vegetable salads, sauted, roasted, guacamole, cubed melon, meats, chicken, creamy mashed potatoes, quinoa, baked salmon, granola, etc.
Back to top

Mevater




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 5:11 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I find that the best recipes are those that are made with natural ingredients that are used year round. Like fresh vegetable salads, sauted, roasted, guacamole, cubed melon, meats, chicken, creamy mashed potatoes, quinoa, baked salmon, granola, etc.


For health reasons, and for me personally, all the above are the best, but when you have guests, youve got to have more than mains and salads, and ultra healthful sides. You need some traditional kugels, interesting sides, cakes/cookies, etc. Yom Tov meals arent complete and filling enough without them. People expect it, kids want it.
Back to top

Mevater




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 3:09 pm
MOM222 wrote:
3 Layer Vegetable Kugel

7 peeled and cooked potatoes
1 onion (diced and sautéed)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 egg (optional)

5 large sweet potatoes (cooked)
1 onion (diced and sautéed)
Salt and pepper (to taste)

5 large squash (cooked)
½ onion (diced and sautéed)
2 eggs
Salt and pepper (to taste)


In three separate bowls combine each layer. Place layers in pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until golden.


IN what order do you place the veg in the pan? This cuts nicely w no potato starch?

Its catch 22. Recipes that have potato starch are very starchy tasting, but without the starch they dont cut well.
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 3:13 pm
Mevater wrote:
For health reasons, and for me personally, all the above are the best, but when you have guests, youve got to have more than mains and salads, and ultra healthful sides. You need some traditional kugels, interesting sides, cakes/cookies, etc. Yom Tov meals arent complete and filling enough without them. People expect it, kids want it.


Not in my family!
Back to top

Mevater




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 5:49 pm
tichellady wrote:
Not in my family!


Im directing this only to those who have grandchildren:

Im ok with eating carrot and celery sticks all Pesach, not kidding!

But is your idea of delicious desserts and nash the same as that of your grandchildren?

I can hear it now... Come here, Sarala, and Yanky, you want some amazingly delicious and Yomtov-dik carrot sticks or apple slices or a banana or raisins for dessert and for nash?

Bubby has sooo many Yomtov-dik treats for you.
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 6:32 pm
Mevater wrote:
Im directing this only to those who have grandchildren:

Im ok with eating carrot and celery sticks all Pesach, not kidding!

But is your idea of delicious desserts and nash the same as that of your grandchildren?

I can hear it now... Come here, Sarala, and Yanky, you want some amazingly delicious and Yomtov-dik carrot sticks or apple slices or a banana or raisins for dessert and for nash?

Bubby has sooo many Yomtov-dik treats for you.


There are plenty of little kids in my family. I think the things that are the yummiest are naturally kosher for pesach like meringues, homemade apple sauce, homemade sorbet/ices/granitas, chicken soup, potato kugel (although we are not a kugel family), good chocolate with nuts . Things with Matza meal and potato starch are not popular in our house.
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 6:34 pm
Flourless walnut cookies, pecan meringues, stawveeey rhubarb compote and scalloped potatoes with cheese are all popular in my house
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 6:47 pm
Strawberry froze fruit, squares of chocolates salted cashews, roasted asparagus are not celery and carrot sticks lol. My kids devour the former and are not interested in the latter. Of course we have potato chips and cake and cookie too. But I guess it's just personal preferance of what people like.
Back to top

PassionFruit




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 7:51 pm
Almond butter chocolate chip cookies
lemon bars with macaroon crust
sweet potato kugel
crumb cake
broccoli kugel
compote
fruit crisp
mmmmm. And I made all of these today LOL
Back to top

OMG!




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 8:17 pm
tichellady wrote:
Flourless walnut cookies, pecan meringues, stawveeey rhubarb compote and scalloped potatoes with cheese are all popular in my house

Mind posting recipe of walnut cookie??
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 8:41 pm
OMG! wrote:
Mind posting recipe of walnut cookie??


I don't really use recipes I just google and adjust- smitten kitchen has one that I base mine off if
Back to top

Mevater




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 4:08 pm
Can anyone add any "I can't believe it's Pesachdik" recipes?
Back to top

imorethanamother




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 11:15 pm
https://jamiegeller.com/recipe.....nies/

This was amazingness. Use actual butter to taste gan eden.
Back to top

doodlesmom




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 11:39 pm
In the Relish they had the most amazing brownie bar recipe. Very simple ingredients, and it’s so un pesachdig. Yum!
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 5 of 6 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Do you believe in hitting children?
by amother
62 Today at 4:21 pm View last post
Please help find this slow "V'yaida kol pa'ul" song!!
by amother
38 Today at 4:11 pm View last post
Repurposing already cooked gefilte fish-ISO nice recipe 2 Today at 10:19 am View last post
ISO recipe for Layered Apple Crumb Cake/Kugel
by Mevater
6 Today at 12:08 am View last post
Can someone rip the "lost in lazerland" album for me?
by amother
3 Yesterday at 9:34 pm View last post