Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Passing of Toronto Shliach in 2005
1  2  3  Next

chabadnick

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 7:10 pm
Baruch Dayan Emes....today in Toronto a young man, a shliach, a father and a husband, a teacher, a rebbe and an incredible man was killed by a GO Train....we are unsure of what will be but please say Tehillim for Shira bas Sara, that she should have Koach to deal with this....

gryp

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 7:29 pm
Chabadnick, im in absolute shock. what can I do? what is happening? what is the community doing?

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 7:39 pm
I read about it on shmais, I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. I feel so sorry for her and her little baby, moshiach just has to come now...this is is just the pits.

gryp

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 7:44 pm
chabadnick? are you in touch with Shira? if you know what the community is planning or whatever I can do at all (I guess not much from long-distance) please give me all the details.

chabadnick

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 7:52 pm
shira is expecting soon as well....this is crazy,,where is Moshiach??

chabadnick

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 7:54 pm
I also saw the accident on the news! AWFUL!

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 8:12 pm
I know levi since I was a year old- his family and ours are like best friends.. I can't take it- im crying - im sick to my stomach.. I keep thinking of him and thinkig about shira and shes preg. too- for the parents its the worst. I just want to hug them.. I dont klnow if ill sleep tonight.
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Tefila

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 9:10 pm
Crying Crying What exactly did happen chabadnik, does he already have kids? Crying

gryp

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 9:24 pm
freilich, heres the link:
http://www.shmais.com/?select=full

Aish

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 9:24 pm
This has been one of the longest days I can remember. I have cried all day. Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
I mamish feel that this is the last moments of galus. Its the last straw, the last cry, the last shout out to hashem, the last "Ad moisai". shira is such a beautiful girl. outside and inside. such a mench. and toghether they were bringing Moshiach.
I suggest to all anash that we each take on a Hachlata. to not only honor the memory of Rabbi Levi Bialo, but to couterattack this immense pain with kedusha. if people want to post up which hachlatas they will take on and maybe some advice or inspiration than that will be an added good thing.
May Hashem hear the cries of his kiderlach and SHOW us how everything is good.

gryp

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 9:28 pm
Aish, Chabadnik, anybody from Toronto that knows Shira- please please tell me, what can I do personally for Shira? I was in sem with her and cant stand it from so far away....

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 9:36 pm
aish- you said it beautifully- they were the most beautiful happy, loving couple Ive ever seen. Not to mention that Levi and Shira are the most wonderful people Ive ever met.
Levi and Shira goal in life was/will continue to spread chassidishkeit to everyone.. They loved the Rebbe and his teachings so much.
We diffenetely need to cry for moshiach. I would never imagine in a million years- his short life of 25 would be taken away from us.
He was LOVED by his family and friends. His parents cried their hearts out when he got married- they looked up to him.

He will be missed...
Shira we are all with you..May you have strengh to continue on. AMEN.

Aish

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 9:36 pm
I don't think shes doing very well right now, to say the least. what I do suggest is wait till this intense period is over, and in a month or 2 or 3, when shiva is over and the reality of her life sets in, than give her a call. take on a hachlata to honor the untimely death of her husband. I think showing that his death, this tragedy, brings more kedusha in the world, will make her feel better

gryp

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 9:41 pm
where do you think she will be sitting shiva? probably her parents house?

Aish

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 10:53 pm
From what I know now she will be sitting shiva in her house. we will know more tomorrow.

Aish

Post Mon, May 16 2005, 10:59 pm
RG wrote:
Aish, Chabadnik, anybody from Toronto that knows Shira- please please tell me, what can I do personally for Shira? I was in sem with her and cant stand it from so far away....

Another suggestion I have is to write her a letter. send it in the mail. she can look at it when she wants to and know that she has love and support out there.

supermom

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 3:03 am
amother wrote:
and shes preg. too- for the parents its the worst.

what is happening to this world!! I just saw it on shmais. he is so young.
amother the worst is not for the parents it is for the wife they have it the hardest.

sarahd

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 4:53 am
Let's not argue who has it worst - it's horrible and agonizing for the whole family. Hamakom yenachem osom besoch avlei Tzion Virushalaim velo yosifu ledaava od. Mir zollen alle upgehieten veren (may we all be protected from tragedy.)

supermom

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 5:12 am
I don't know tronto but how is it possible for a train to crash into a car?

Aish

Post Tue, May 17 2005, 8:21 am
he was driving by the train tracks, the "blockers" were down and acording to witnesses he did not see that because the sun was blinding him. so his car hit the blockers and he immediately braked his car, but the train was right there and hit him. so many have been saying that clearly this accident was so freaky, so strange. I mean, how many people does that happen to? he was clearly a tremendous guy. his tafkid was up. he was shulaim, complete. it is still to hard to comprehend. it still does not make any sense and its still so so unfair
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics