Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What's the difference between the wigs?

Frenchfry

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 9:06 pm
I'm looking for a new shaitel for YT. I went to try one on today at a place where I got a beautiful shaiten when I got married and I was very happy with it. I tried on what seemed to me to be a beautiful piece, but it was 1700! Ouch! My question is, if I go shopping around more, what's the difference between a 1000 dollar wig and a 2000 one. If I do decide to buy a really expensive one, what qualities should it have that I should ask about?

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 10:30 pm
The difference is in the quality of hair used. Better hair costs more but lasts longer and holds a style better. It also requires less maintenance - wash & sets, coloring (processed hair oxidizes quicker).

Good luck in your search for the perfect sheitel!

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 10:43 pm
ColorMom wrote:
The difference is in the quality of hair used. Better hair costs more but lasts longer and holds a style better. It also requires less maintenance - wash & sets, coloring (processed hair oxidizes quicker).

Interestingly enough I found that my cheaper wigs hold a style way better and for longer than my expensive ones.
I find that Russian hair is sort of droopy.
Does that make sense?

rivkahb

Post Tue, Sep 10 2013, 11:27 pm
where did u go to?

im allso looking....

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 10:02 am
Cookies n Cream wrote:
ColorMom wrote:

Interestingly enough I found that my cheaper wigs hold a style way better and for longer than my expensive ones.
I find that Russian hair is sort of droopy.
Does that make sense?

That could be true in some cases. It depends what you consider a cheaper sheitel. Also, the OP didn't specify the length of the sheitel but she was comparing $1000-$2000. If it's a short one, then $1000 can get her a pretty decent European hair sheitel that will hold a style nicely. But if she's talking about a long sheitel then $1000 won't get her very far in terms of a good piece that will hold the style and color for a decent amount of time.

So again, to answer your question, a sheitel that is made of slightly (and I mean "slightly")processed thicker European hair will usually hold a style and wave nicely, but an expensive gorgeous silky hair sheitel is great if you want that sleek, silky look, but it won't hold a curl for long.

A cheap Asian hair sheitel is good if you are on tight budget, but don't expect it to hold up as well as the more expensive ones.

Hope that explains things a little better. Smile

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

MamaBear

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 10:13 am
My cheapy long wig has low quality hair that doesnt look great up close but holds a style til the next wash. So take off your glasses and I look fabulous. Wink

My pricey wig has gorgeous hair - buttery soft, smooth, etc but it holds no style. Nada.

C'mon, why can't I have it both ways?!

nyer1

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 11:57 am
ive noticed that almost all of the companies have raised their prices. depends where you go. my 1900 dollar shaitel from the same company 2 years ago now costs about 2800 for the same length / style.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 3:43 pm
nyer1 wrote:
ive noticed that almost all of the companies have raised their prices. depends where you go. my 1900 dollar shaitel from the same company 2 years ago now costs about 2800 for the same length / style.

Yes, that's true. The price of hair has gone up a lot so their manufacturing costs are higher.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

mimimom

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 3:24 pm
Quality.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels