Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I need your help. Salon Selling Wigs

lovemywig

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 7:56 pm
I recently bought off a salon in which I have worked at and I’m bringing in a few different company wigs. I am trying to be very careful with which company I want to sell and being in this line long enough to know you can have a bad experience with many of them. But I would like to hear from you. Tell me your experience good and bad. And tell me which company lasted the longest. I want to hear it all.

Thanks in advance for your help

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 10:36 pm
I know that PessiBi and Esther Aron both sell wholesale and their wigs are great.

lovemywig

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 10:44 pm
Thanks cookies and cream. 86views and only one answer c'mon ladies.

lovemywig

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 11:28 pm
I'm considering shevy, kiki, tory, miri, Miami n galit. what are your experience with these.

goforit

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 10:11 am
I am soo happy with ny bella donna which is from galit. I know someonelse that has it and also is very happy. I was thinking of getting another one and heard my sheital macher doesn't carry it any more. I wonder why? such good strong nice hair have it about 3 yrs.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 11:07 am
goforit wrote:
I am soo happy with ny bella donna which is from galit. I know someonelse that has it and also is very happy. I was thinking of getting another one and heard my sheital macher doesn't carry it any more. I wonder why? such good strong nice hair have it about 3 yrs.

Are you my customer? Lol. I loved the Galits, great value for the price. Had a few customers that still wanted it when the distributor stopped selling it. Op are you in Ny? Do you know if you can still get it? Kikis are still better though. I'm trying now the Miri, it seems to be of the same quality as Kiki and people are happy, so I hear.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 11:13 am
lovemywig wrote:
I'm considering shevy, kiki, tory, miri, Miami n galit. what are your experience with these.

Miami aka majestic is not European hair. Shevy takes a ton of money for opening an account (maybe you have an account already idk) and I hear that their customer service ain't the best which is a very important factor when selling a wig.
Good luck!
Btw haven't heard of Tory, is it European? Same price range as Kiki?

frankie

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 11:23 am
I was very unhappy with Tori's customer service, which they say is amazing. They gave me a wig with lice, were very hard to reach when I called them to talk about it, even hanging up when I told them what was going on. I messaged them on fb and they ignored me as well. I finally brought it in to the store, along with my other wig which was infected from theirs, and they begrudgingly agreed to deal with it. When I picked them up, they had thrown both of them into a garbage bag, refused to re style them, told me the Tori was totally clean ad the other was infested. I took them home, and they both still had plenty of nits - they had totally not dealt with the issue and tried to blame it on a wig I had had for a couple years already that never had anything until it was next to their wig on my dresser. I spent weeks picking nits out of both. I have heard of people being very happy, but I had a terrible experience and would not recommend them at all.

mirebb

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 12:14 pm
Regarding Wigs, I cannot give you much advise. But on Tichels, as a Tichel designer I can tell you they are being used more and more now. I was in Israel this summer and realized that the Tichel market is growing tremendously.

Also, as you will be selling Wigs, we find many of our customers being interested in HEADBANDS to combine with mid-head wigs. We are designing and producing headbands that fit well these wigs since they sell really good and we have had great reviews from customers, so you should definitely look into selling headbands as well. Message us if you want more info Smile

Hatzlacha!

lovemywig

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 8:48 pm
Miami has a European line. I want a cheaper more affordable line and I'm inquiring to see if it fits my criteria.

Shevy has a hefty down payment and there customer service isn't good. But they have great wigs n have the marker. It's a problem.

watergirl

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 9:45 pm
Why are you only looking into the very expensive wigs? Why not more affordable lines? Not eveyone can buy a tory or shevy but are thrilled with the cheaper ones.

lovemywig

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 10:30 pm
watergirl wrote:
Why are you only looking into the very expensive wigs? Why not more affordable lines? Not eveyone can buy a tory or shevy but are thrilled with the cheaper ones.

Tell me what you have in mind. And do you have any of them. Tell me your experience.
I cannot sell a wig just because its more affordable. If its faulty people would rather blame the salon or sheitelmacher then the company and my reputation will get hurt. I want to hear from many different sources. I see the wigs that come into the shop and speak to my clients about there experience. I figured to ask here on Imamother since you have woman from all walks off like all around the world kh. so I can hear many different views and opinions.

I value all of your impute.
Thanks for taking the time to reply
looking forward in hearing more of your experience.

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 10:38 pm
Can you import your own wig from China (or wherever it is that they import these from)? If it is cheap enough and nice enough, and you are upfront about how long they should expect it to last, you can be very successful. I know many sheitel machers that do this now, since people are fed up with paying more and more for the European wigs (which can also end up being pretty bad).

watergirl

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 11:11 pm
I bought a freeda 10 years ago and loved it, it was then $1200. I also bought a Euro for the same price. I have a BH wig and also LOVE it, paid $650 for it on sale. I have a Milano and don't like it after the first 6 months.

I can not afford those luxury brand wigs like kiki or shevy, nor am I interested in paying tripe the price for a name tag. When I walk into a sheitel shop and find that they only carry the luxury brands, its a big turn off for me. Meaning, have the exclusive ones, fine. But why not also carry lower end or middle end ones - Jap wigs, Fortune, Mazali, whatever. I think then people will be more willing to look around at your shop if they find more price ranges there. Whenever I walk into a shop, I ask the price range. I walk out with out even a first look if its more than I can afford (meaning after I have saved up and everything). I would never pay more than $1500. So if a shop starts at $2000, they have lost a customer. If I can at least get in the door and feel I can try a few things on, I might even be tempted to play around in a higher price range, or even tell friends that you have nice stuff but its out of my league... but if you have stuff I can buy then you have me as a customer, and good customer service, I will tell my friends who might buy 3 shevys in one shot.

mother of boyz

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 11:24 pm
I have a michal, and am extremely happy with it. I know others that bought beautiful michals too but that's very recent so can't tell you how happy they r yet

sheindellaya

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 6:17 am
I sell a few lines but do very well with Allegria and Miri. Also, which blow dryer do you use? I've been using elchim which seemed to always work well but I hear there are new and better ones out there... Advice from other sheitel marchers please?

asmileaday

Post Thu, Nov 14 2013, 9:46 am
I love my twin turbo 3800. Way better than my elchim or babyliss that I've been using for years! The only drawback is that the cord is heavy and I had to learn how to hold the blow dryer the proper way, by the handle, a opposed to the barrel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels