Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Letting s/o else claim my child on taxes

amother

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 11:12 pm
My dd is going to school elsewhere. In another state. She is boarding by a relative. This relative wants to get her health insurance where she lives, (we have health insurance from the gov, but its only in our state). In order to get her free health insurance from her state, my cousin was informed that she has to claim dd on her taxes. I am not comfortable with this. That leaves her with no health insurance when home. And I can't get the deductions for her on my taxes either.

What do I do?

ROFL

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 11:19 pm
Did you try to sign her up for obamacare? Medicaid can't be held in two states. It is not just medical insurance and taxes that you have to worry about guardianship The relative may have to take this upon her self. Maybe some lawyers or accountants could help more.

bluebird

Post Tue, Oct 08 2013, 11:47 pm
There is no such thing as "Obamacare." There is private health insurance offered by insurance companies that you can evaluate and purchase through an online resource called a health exchange.

I don't know if there's a list. Just search for "health exchange" and your state name.

greenfire

Post Wed, Oct 09 2013, 10:16 am
have her come home for appointments ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics