Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nude stockings for kids?

gila-rina

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 11:13 am
Have you ever seen them? Looking for ages 4-10. Will appreciate any suggestions!

realeez

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 11:19 am
Try ladies knee highs. They go thigh high on kids without worrying abt ripping easily.

sara53

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 11:22 am
4 years old?? Why on earth would you want that??? Let her be a little girl.. She has her whole life to dress like a mature woman...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.....amsey

Just saying

momX4

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 11:23 am
Where do you live?

Any jewish stocking store sells them. I buy the memoi (sp?) brand for my DD

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 11:32 am
Sara this is SHOCKING!!!

OP, my 6 year old asked me today to find her "beige tights" (nude) like mine. Kids have all kinds of ideas.

sara53

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 11:38 am
Ruchel, you misunderstand.. Of course kids want to look like mommy..

I just think its poor judgement if the parent wants that.. Let them be kids..

I feel just as passionate about 5 yr old boys in Armani suits and cufflinks

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 11:45 am
the real shocker is the link, imo

yo'ma

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 12:09 pm
target
I used to buy them for my dd when she was 10-12.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 12:15 pm
IMO, they look ridiculous on little kids.

Shana_H

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 12:26 pm
Ruchel wrote:

I don't know if you have access to any of the Kiddy Pageants, but in my mind it's more like Kiddy [filth]! These mothers are absolutely INSANE, they take their beautiful innocent children, girls as young as six months, spend thousands of dollars per dress, do their hair, adding hair pieces for volume, give them fake eyelashes, fake nails, give them a spray tan, give them to the hands of a pageant coach for hours a week, then they drive hundreds of miles to compete, feed them sugar stix and energy drinks to keep them awake, and all this in the name of what? I don't get it!
So no, I think a girl can wait at least till she's Bas Mitzvah to wear nude stockings.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 12:31 pm
Shana_H wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

I don't know if you have access to any of the Kiddy Pageants, but in my mind it's more like Kiddy [filth]! These mothers are absolutely INSANE, they take their beautiful innocent children, girls as young as six months, spend thousands of dollars per dress, do their hair, adding hair pieces for volume, give them fake eyelashes, fake nails, give them a spray tan, give them to the hands of a pageant coach for hours a week, then they drive hundreds of miles to compete, feed them sugar stix and energy drinks to keep them awake, and all this in the name of what? I don't get it!
So no, I think a girl can wait at least till she's Bas Mitzvah to wear nude stockings.

The link I see is not quite just about kidy pageants.

There is absolutely no link between nude tights and kiddy pageants, either.

Emotional

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 12:36 pm
When I was 10 or 11 I would sometimes wear nude pantyhose for lack of knowing how to put together an outfit. Man, was I teased for my nebby look. How fashions and styles change...

Shana_H

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 12:37 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Shana_H wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

The link I see is not quite just about kidy pageants.

There is absolutely no link between nude tights and kiddy pageants, either.

No not directly, but if you start dressing your little girls up like adults way before their time where does it end?

kenz

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 4:16 pm
This is not about little girls looking like beauty queens. This is what kids are wearing now. That's why all the stores carry them. OP didn't ask for your opinion, she asked where to buy them. The days of ten-year-olds in anklets are long gone.
OP, if you're in Brooklyn, all the hosiery stores carry nude stockings for kids now. Memois is the best and true to size - if you take a cheaper brand, buy a size up.

bigsis144

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 6:22 pm
Kids are "getting older younger".

Most adult women I know (who hold by not going barelegged below the knee) wear either black or nude depending on the weather. So if what you're wearing doesn't match with black, you'd wear nude.

It used to be that grade school kids would wear white tights as the "goes with everything" color, but maybe that's becoming "nebby" (when I was in school, high school was the age you stopped wearing white tights unless you were particularly spacey when it came to trends) and they want something "neutral"?

I feel bad about it, but I'm not surprised.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 11 2013, 6:47 pm
I don't like the look on anybody, no matter what the age. Tights or knee highs for everyone.

Just my personal opinion, not bashing others who hold differently.

Beyla

Post Sat, Oct 12 2013, 3:27 pm
sara53 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JonBen%C3%A9t_Ramsey

Just saying

I don't understand your link. Horrible.
Why don't you just post a picture of the girl? Who needs the all story?

Isramom8

Post Sat, Oct 12 2013, 4:27 pm
My 7th grader daughter started wearing beige knee highs last year - that's what the girls in her class wear. I gather that at least in Israel, Beit Yaakov girls start between ages 11 and 14 (6th-9th grade).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics