Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Are you a paralegal?

tiger88

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 1:36 pm
Hi,
I am going back to school ,and I want to go for an associate degree in paralegal . I wanted to know from any paralegals what are the pro and cons of the job .
thanks for any info

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 2:36 pm
In tough times, such as these, lawyers do the jobs of paralegals and even secretaries. You will be overqualified for secretary work but not be a lawyer.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 13 2013, 2:47 pm
I worked as a paralegal for 4 years post college. I got burnt out and made a career change this year that I am much happier with. If you are a person who does not mind being glued to a desk for 8 plus hours per day and possible overtime depending on the type of office you are in than it might be good for you.... In my opinion- where I live- due to the recession- paralegals are underpaid and end up doing most of the work for the lawyers. Lawyers can be mean in times of deadlines and do not like mistakes....it was not always a pleasant work environment for me the happy smiley paralegal. I do not recommend this type of work for a frum woman with a family...it is hard to find part time work and paralegals are a "dime a dozen." Getting off for holidays was difficult. And I never had a vacation. Also- I do not particularly think it is worth getting an associates degree as a Paralegal. But again- I don't know where you are located- if in your state an associates in paralegal studies is required. Do not take my word for it- do your own research- maybe try to shadow a paralegal for a couple days. Good luck withy our decisions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics