Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What can I sell from home in B.P. .....?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 8:32 pm
1- That doesn't require anyone coming into my house, I can hand it to them at the door and get paid. (Any item people can order by brand and size or model number, so they know exactly what they're getting without examining).

2- That has a high markup.

My Advantage- Creativity and Central Boro Park location.

Any ideas?

Squash

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 8:59 pm
pregnancy tests?

I actually know someone who did that in lakewood.

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 9:58 pm
now, thats an innovative idea Idea

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Mar 15 2007, 10:07 pm
I sell pregnancy tests for 2 bucks.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 6:48 am
amother wrote:
1- That doesn't require anyone coming into my house, I can hand it to them at the door and get paid. (Any item people can order by brand and size or model number, so they know exactly what they're getting without examining).

2- That has a high markup.

My Advantage- Creativity and Central Boro Park location.

Any ideas?

Do you think if we would have known of something so ez we would do it ourselves? LOL -High mark up ,no people by you?keep on dreaming..get down to reality...

ssbarnes

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 7:16 am
I work from home. The majority of what I do is over the phone and I don't stock any merchandise.

If you want more info, PM me.

withhumor

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 8:43 am
You can sell the http://www.passovercleaning.com products, I bet that’s in high demand right now! Location is not important, and you don’t have to stock, charge, or ship the orders. You just have to have a client base who trusts you and is loyal to purchasing from you! PM me or email me info@passovercleaning.com

JRKmommy

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 8:57 am
Unique, high-quality baby products:

Based upon a different thread here, it looks like there could be a huge market for soft baby carriers/slings in BP. If you can sew, you can make your own designs from home. Carriers sold in stores (such as Baby Bjorn) can cost $80-$100, and you can easily make something that is more versatile and less expensive. Do a google search of "baby wearing" to get more ideas. You can also be a distributor for existing lines, many of which are not sold in stores.

Maybe you could also do slings/nursing cover combos?

Do they sell Robeez baby shoes in BP? If not, become a distributor! They are the BEST - everyone here uses them, because they are the only ones that stay firmly on baby's feet.

withhumor

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 8:59 am
robeez is sold in almost ever store here. and nobody carries their babies here. only the latinos.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 9:10 am
Quote:
withhumor :

robeez is sold in almost ever store here. and nobody carries their babies here. only the latinos.

that is so so so NOT true!

amother

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
Quote:
withhumor :

that is so so so NOT true!
As someone that lives on 13th avenue- NO ONE carries their babies here.

withhumor

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 9:14 am
and I live on 12th. seriously. nobody.

I wouldn't mind, btw, I think it's cool, but I don't want to be stared at. I'll wait until I move to like, north carolina>

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 9:33 am
Original amother, why not take a part time job out of the house? If you think about it, you'll prob work less hard and make more money.

JRKmommy

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 9:50 am
If "no one" carries their babies - that tells me that there is a huge market just waiting to be tapped!

In many areas, it's very common across the socio-economic spectrum, because even at $100, a baby carrier is great value and a tremendously useful item.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 9:56 am
withhumor wrote:
and I live on 12th. seriously. nobody.

I wouldn't mind, btw, I think it's cool, but I don't want to be stared at. I'll wait until I move to like, north carolina>
Maybe it's time we all move to North Carolina, and not have to live by Boro Park rules (I don't mean the Torah)!

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 9:58 am
You can sell s-x toys, and when people pick them up, you'll open the door, look furtively in each direction, and quickly hand them a paper bag.

Wink

shayna82

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 9:59 am
so who cares if people stare? they are just envious that someone dared to do something cool and different. man, I would never live in boropark

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:02 am
Hmmmm. . . I was being facetious, but maybe my idea isn't so bad.

withhumor

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:05 am
No problem! I need a kosher supermarket, a nice Jewish babysitter, and shul with a mikvah… and a cheder for my son and a school for my daughters. Oh, and they should be 100% chassidish… go figure. COUNT ME IN!

shayna82

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:10 am
PITTSBURGH!

although the only chassidish school is a lubavitch one
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics