Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What can I sell from home in B.P. .....?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

JRKmommy

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:18 am
withhumor wrote:
No problem! I need a kosher supermarket, a nice Jewish babysitter, and shul with a mikvah… and a cheder for my son and a school for my daughters. Oh, and they should be 100% chassidish… go figure. COUNT ME IN!

Sounds like Toronto! Never been to North Carolina, but there's plenty of baby wearing here.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:34 am
DefyGravity wrote:
You can sell s-x toys, and when people pick them up, you'll open the door, look furtively in each direction, and quickly hand them a paper bag.

Wink

defy - I love you - you are so funny - like a quick drug deal - eh? then they will also run quick - although you'd be surprised as to how many people show up - LOL Nervous Rolling Laughter Nervous Rolling Laughter

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:38 am
Oh yeah, I forgot - OP, you could also sell drugs. You could be like the woman from Weeds.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:40 am
Now, now . . . didn't we jsut agree, on a different post, that we have to pay taxes anddo the legally corrct thing?

How does drugs fit in with that?

shayna82

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:42 am
it dosnt... lots of stuff being sold is illegal.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:46 am
withhumor wrote:
robeez is sold in almost ever store here. and nobody carries their babies here. only the latinos.

perdona! pero tu no conoces a nadie judeo que carge' a sus babes en Neuva York!

Dini

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:48 am
Yeah whatever you are going to sell from your house and not charge sales tax...there goes the legal out the window....

But hey OP did you ever try ebay? lots of ppl are successfull besides me. Unless you don't want to ship items?

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 10:56 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Now, now . . . didn't we jsut agree, on a different post, that we have to pay taxes anddo the legally corrct thing?

I wasn't addressing the legal aspect, the OP just wanted to know what she could sell from home.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 11:10 am
chocolate moose wrote:

CM - you mean you live in NY and you never saw a drug deal - quick & slick - and since the frum would be embarrassed it would be quick & slick too!!!

Mevater

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 11:29 am
withhumor wrote:
No problem! I need a kosher supermarket, a nice Jewish babysitter, and shul with a mikvah… and a cheder for my son and a school for my daughters. Oh, and they should be 100% chassidish… go figure. COUNT ME IN!
How long did it take to build a community in New Square, Monroe? Trust me, if there's a will there's a way!

MOM222

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 11:45 am
letsbehonest wrote:
withhumor wrote:
How long did it take to build a community in New Square, Monroe? Trust me, if there's a will there's a way!

Around 40 years if not more. I don't think wh is willing to wait LOL

withhumor

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 1:09 pm
NO, I'll go when it's all done for me. And my chassidus too (so X out New Square, Monroes, etc.)

I'm stuck and I know it.

re: selling those toys.. in B.P. you'd have to invite people in to try-before-u-buy

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 2:44 pm
no, I've never seen a drug deal.

cindy324

Post Fri, Mar 16 2007, 3:00 pm
Ya know Defy, you might be onto something... Idea

Quote:
re: selling those toys.. in B.P. you'd have to invite people in to try-before-u-buy

I can just see it...This Motzei Shabbos from 8PM -Midnight, huge sale . Buy one get the second half off!

Mishie

Post Sat, Mar 17 2007, 10:30 am
Quote:
I can just see it...This Motzei Shabbos from 8PM -Midnight, huge sale . Buy one get the second half off!

Plus - "Free trials and Demonstrations, from 8 to 9....."

greenfire

Post Sat, Mar 17 2007, 6:03 pm
Okay this is getting interesting ... so who's coming ...

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 8:26 am
Actually we went, it was very nice! The crowd was mixed, the samples were amazing, and the prices were too low to resist!

Mishie

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 10:01 am
Ooooooooooooooh..... So, What'dyou get????????

timeout

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 10:05 am
What about Skanky lingerie the kind DH likes you don't and you would never shop for in front of other ladies from this community Wink

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 10:06 am
Here’s a joke to finish this topic up…

There was once a nice young man who went to take a tour of his father in law’s latex factory right after he got married. He arrived and saw rows and rows of machines. One machine after the next was manufacturing baby bottle nipples and he was very impressed. Every few seconds the machine made a hissing sound and his fil explained, ‘oh, that’s the machine making the hole on top’.

Then the fil said, let me show you the other side of the factory. So on the other side, again, he saw rows and rows of machines. One machine after the next was manufacturing c-n-d-ms and he was very impressed. Every few seconds the machine made a hissing sound and he asked his fil why. His father said, well look, I know you might not agree, but it’s great for the baby bottle business!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics