Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
ISO of speaker to speak to parents of Special needs children

babygirl

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 1:52 pm
Hi I am looking for a phenomenal speaker who can speak and give chizuk to parents of special needs children on a shabbaton that I am planning. If you know of anyone who is a parent of a special needs child or someone who you've heard speak on the topic and gained chizuk from then PLEASE let me know!
Thank you so much!!!!!

morahmommy

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:44 pm
Rabbi and Mrs. Eitan and Aviva Feiner- amazing!

babygirl

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:46 pm
Sorry! Didn't mention I am looking in the NY, NJ area!

Thanks!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:46 pm
morahmommy wrote:
Rabbi and Mrs. Eitan and Aviva Feiner- amazing!

Do they have any shiurim online, or a website? I'd love to know more! I could seriously use some chizzuk right now.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 2:50 pm
Rabbi Boruch Rabinowitz and his wife Miriam are wonderful people and he is a phenomenal speaker. They have a child who is an older teen or early twenties, with DS. They are very proud of him! You can look up Rabbi Rabinowitz. He lives in Brooklyn on a street called Argyle.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 4:04 pm
If you can get Chaya Braindel Katina of Hamaspik of KY it would be amazing. She is raising six foster special needs children and is a very entertaining speaker.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 4:15 pm
Tziporah Harris. Very relatable, big on doing what you need to do the best you can and then truly believing that Hashem can do anything.

happy mommy6

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 5:52 pm
The Feiners are really sought after speakers and also have a special needs child.

Mrs. Rivka Levitansky, (lives in cleveland) noted mechaneches and chinuch habonim teacher, her youngest child has DS and she has spoken around the country on different topics.

I also heard on Chazak- the Reisman's have several special needs children- their daughter spoke on the hotline and the way ALL their children were raised is amazing. amazing! Not sure wich Rabbi and Rebbetzin Reisman in is though...

sruth1

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 7:13 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
If you can get Chaya Braindel Katina of Hamaspik of KY it would be amazing. She is raising six foster special needs children and is a very entertaining speaker.

I was going to give the same suggestion.

ROFL

Post Wed, Oct 16 2013, 7:43 pm
happy mommy6 wrote:
The Feiners are really sought after speakers and also have a special needs child.

Mrs. Rivka Levitansky, (lives in cleveland) noted mechaneches and chinuch habonim teacher, her youngest child has DS and she has spoken around the country on different topics.

I also heard on Chazak- the Reisman's have several special needs children- their daughter spoke on the hotline and the way ALL their children were raised is amazing. amazing! Not sure wich Rabbi and Rebbetzin Reisman in is though...

This is the rabbi reisman from far rockway Lawrence The daughter is Hinda mizrachi. Amazing and full of chizzuk. I think it is on line Google it I am sure you will find it !
Also the Rabinowitz are fantastic ! Rabbi penner in queens is also a great speaker.
To the OP , what kind of weekend are you doing? Are you involved in an agency?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics