Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is it horrible for kids to have cereal and milk for dinner?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 3:58 pm
I'm not feeling well, freezing, headache, throat hurts.... It might be lack of sleep or I'm coming down with something, whatever it is I can't make my kids dinner tonight. Is it horrible to have cereal and milk? They all like it.

deena19k

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 3:59 pm
Nope, it's not horrible. Btdt. Feel better!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:00 pm
It's not a big deal once in a while, also I'm guessing they don't know how to cook

WISH YOU BETTER Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

baba

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:00 pm
If it's a one off thing, especially if your sick, no not horrible at all. Maybe you can still cut up some fresh veggies to get something healthy in there.
But I wouldnt give cereal as a standard dinner meal.

morah

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:01 pm
Why is it ok for breakfast but not for dinner? It's perfectly fine. Feel better.

mommyhood

No it's not horrible. I've done it many times for shalosh seudos.

rw555

Absolutely not

shirtsandskirts

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:17 pm
Think about it this way :
Is it better for your kids to have an emotionally stressed and physically sick mommy or to have a healthier supper? notice I say healthier becuase cereal and milk is not bad (as someone said they have it for breakfast), especially if it's not the sugar cereal. Besides, I don't know what you usually make, but if they have chicken nuggets, fish sticks, pizza etc, those are not any more healthy.

freidasima

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:19 pm
Feel better! If you want to feel more virtuous make them cooked oatmeal or something like that with milk. Also if you have rice around cooked rice with honey and cinnamon and milk is a great supper for kids. And if you feel sick, cornflakes with milk is great, maybe give them a cut up fruit with it as well.

elisheva25

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:22 pm
I think it's perfectly fine, especially for kids that are picky eaters.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:23 pm
Im with the poster, morah, who said whats the difference between cereal for breakfast and for dinner?
My daughter is 5. Sometimes its just not worth the fight with her to have the chicken or whatever it is that I made that she really does not want or if I have not made anything and we were in the park longer than we should have been so I had nothing ready for dinner. My daughter has cereal with milk a lot. What in the world could possibly be wrong with that? I am not saying that this is an every night thing, but what could possibly be wrong with this as a dinner choice?

SS6099

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:23 pm
I'm in on the 'totally fine'! Btdt!
Feel better!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:26 pm
Thank you so all much for making me not feel so guilty about this.

aleza

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:29 pm
It's fine. It's also fine to have pizza for breakfast. IMHO people worry too much about what to eat when... I.e., "appropriate" breakfast/lunch/dinner foods.

Cookie Monster

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 4:29 pm
Perfectly ok!!!

bubbebia

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 5:08 pm
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it! My kids ate it if they didn't like what was being served or didn't want to make pb&j. If they can eat it for breakfast, there's no reason they couldn't eat it for supper. You just take care of yourself and feel better soon. Take a couple of Advil, drink something hot and lie down on the couch.

spring13

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 8:20 pm
It's fine. I mean, raisin bran is a better choice than fruity pebbles, but yeah, go for it.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 8:26 pm
If you're sick, no problem, but it's also just as easy to make a turkey sandwich, etc. (for future ideas Smile

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 8:29 pm
My kids have been surviving on cereal, and grilled cheese sandwiches for the past few months. Sometimes they get cold cuts sandwiches. They seem just fine.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 8:45 pm
Of course it's OK! I used to love it when my dad made "breakfast for dinner". Waffles were his specialty.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics