Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
So much good advice- how old are you?
Previous  1  2  3

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 9:35 am
shanie5 wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:

Oh but I am forever 21 Wink

No your not forever21-thats a different poster-you are chocolate chips! If you are forgetting that already, maybe your age is starting to show!?!?

Some of my clothes are from forever21... I love that store. (yes for real)

If they opened up a forever37 store, I would not shop there because I'm in denial about my age.

Don't ask me for advice about raising older kids... I have no idea. Mine are 4,3,2 and 6months.... ask me about diapers and sleep training. Smile

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 10:36 am
shanie5 wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:

Oh but I am forever 21 Wink

No your not forever21-thats a different poster-you are chocolate chips! If you are forgetting that already, maybe your age is starting to show!?!?

LOL
read yo'mas thread my brain is gone and lost itself somewhere!
I kinda meant it as in the store, love that store but I am not much older.

mosma

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 12:07 pm
I'm 30.

Peanut2

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 12:30 pm
How old do you think I am?

acemom

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 1:07 pm
I like to think I am grownup and mature but my mom claims she is only 25. How old can I be then? Confused

rising hero

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 1:52 pm
amother wrote:
I agree with the question amother asked. I was part of this site for a while and then I joined a couple of fb groups - where I see who posts and more or less get the overall picture of who they are etc. It was a big eye opener for me. When people post replies with absolute certainty - I always figured there was some sort if truth to what they wrote- one cannot be that dumb to write complete nonsense with 100 certainty. And then I get to meet these people and I see that lots of them are young people who do not have lots of life experience but have very strong opinions and they see an easy forum to preach their opinions and feel "mature" and grown up.

True it says in Pirkei avos a smart person can learn from everyone- but there is also the concept of " who is a smart person- one who does not speak up before one who is older/greater/ more experienced.

Even basing opinions on my own experiences is not fool proof- what worked once or what I believed at one point, may just have been unique for that situation.

I am not saying these forums and discussions should close down- I do think that people should recognize their place and the fact that there is always more to learn and the opinion of one that is older and more experienced is not equal to theirs but actually should give them something to think about

Ps that's why when I see posts from pple with bubby or grandma in their user name I tend to respect their thoughts more

When you say you met those young people, did you speak to them, did they tell you some of their history?
And since when are older, greater, and more experienced synonymous?
So you assume young = inexperienced. Do you think it all comes from one day to the next? Yes, sometimes the maturity isn't there but its the advice you're looking for, isn't it?
For example, if you're asking advice on financial matters and two people respond, imayoung who's struggling and imabubby who's been comfortable most of her life...wouldn't it be foolish to disregard imayoung's advice just because imabubby is older?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational