Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Shaloch manos help

sixroses

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 3:40 pm
I want to do a purple/grape/wine theme for purim. I think I can figure out what to put in. just want to think of something cute and creative to write... please help

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 3:41 pm
It's almost Chanuka right??? Am I missing something??

clowny

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 3:53 pm
amother wrote:
It's almost Chanuka right??? Am I missing something??

That was my reaction too when I saw this post. ????

Achdus

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 3:57 pm
http://handsontheparsha.blogsp......html
http://handsontheparsha.blogsp......html

Happy Chanuka :-)

ohnuts!

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 4:09 pm
Puleeaase, maybe you want tips on what to clean for Pesach too??

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 4:19 pm
Whoever doesn't want to think of purim yet, don't. But what's the point of mocking?!?

imasinger

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 4:41 pm
We did this one year. We wrote a poem (didn't save it, alas), and put n grapes,small bottles of wine or juice, grape laffy taffy and grape heads, and hamentaschen with homemade concord grape jelly.

Happy Chanukah.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 4:47 pm
Usw purple ink

rising hero

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 4:54 pm
amother wrote:
Whoever doesn't want to think of purim yet, don't. But what's the point of mocking?!?

You're right. We are not supposed to mock. And whoever doesn't like it, should ignore this thread. But look at the op, she's asking for ideas on a simple theme, nothing to do with getting costume metzias on Black Friday, or getting leftovers from Halloween or thanksgiving. And as you know, during the Purim season, Imamother is flooded with those...so we don't want that excitement to start just yet. We got close to four months to go!!

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 5:14 pm
Lehavdil, haven't you read all the nonJews ranting about let's keep Thanksgiving in the spirit of Thanksgiving and not taint it with Xmas plans just yet?

Ein me'arvin simcha besimcha.

Because, OP, when you do something like talk about Purim plans before Chanuka, you may mean "Poor me, I'm such a mess, I can't handle the various chagim and so I have to plan Purim in November, it'll take me that long to get my sorry act together." Maybe you mean that, but you come off as Gaavadik with a capital G. As in "look at me, I'm so organized, I have Chanuka in the can and am free to work on Purim before a single candle is lit. Nyaa, nyaaa."

yummydd

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 5:19 pm
Maybe op figured that closer to Purim there are so many such threads that people don't reply to all. But look now she got our attention didn't she???
Now who wants up help me plan nice Chanukah suppers?

Barbara

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 5:21 pm
zaq wrote:
Lehavdil, haven't you read all the nonJews ranting about let's keep Thanksgiving in the spirit of Thanksgiving and not taint it with Xmas plans just yet?

Ein me'arvin simcha besimcha.

Because, OP, when you do something like talk about Purim plans before Chanuka, you may mean "Poor me, I'm such a mess, I can't handle the various chagim and so I have to plan Purim in November, it'll take me that long to get my sorry act together." Maybe you mean that, but you come off as Gaavadik with a capital G. As in "look at me, I'm so organized, I have Chanuka in the can and am free to work on Purim before a single candle is lit. Nyaa, nyaaa."

That was me. I want to celebrate Thansgivukkah before Purim.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 5:23 pm
I dont think there is anything wrong with OP's question. we are free to ask what we want on this website and we are also free to post an answer if we have something to share that might be helpful, if you dont have anything helpful to say to OP then simply dont post! perhaps purim is OP's favorite holiday and she is thinking ahead...I personally mentioned purim costumes to my dh yesterday because if our theme is "the shtetl" at shul this year, I saw the perfect hat for ds to wear!

also, I see OP is a fairly new member....I think we could be a little more welcoming and friendly!

OP-- purple sounds like a fairly easy theme, I like the idea of using purple ink as another poster said, maybe write your poem on a purple paper cut in the shape of a bunch of grapes, and attach it with purple ribbon? will post again if I can think of any creative lines for your poem!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics