Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Will my kids not be allowed to school?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 10:56 pm
http://pix11.com/2013/12/11/bo.....berg/

with my oldest, I gave him all the vaccines. I delayed, but by the time he was ready for school he had everything he needed. with my second one, I didnt give her everything, but the school is not giving me a problem, so so far so good.

now they are saying that I NEED to give a flu shot? I have no interest in giving my kids flu shots!! I really see no purpose to it (I dont want this to be a discussion about vaccinating, or whether or not to give the flu shot, so if you want to discuss that please start your own thread) will my kids now be sent home from school and be told to stay home if I dont give it?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 11:01 pm
It's for kids up to age 5, and it won't go into effect until next year. We'll see if it sticks until then...

amother

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 11:05 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
It's for kids up to age 5, and it won't go into effect until next year. We'll see if it sticks until then...

I thought it does into effect in 30 days (unless I misunderstood something) in which case it would affect my daughter who is 4....

amother

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 11:10 pm
I live in NJ, send my kids to a mainstream school and if your child under age 5 does not have the flu shot by December 31st, he/she can't go to school. I'm pretty sure they enforce it.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:

I thought it does into effect in 30 days (unless I misunderstood something) in which case it would affect my daughter who is 4....

It technically goes into effect in 30 days, but the law is that kids must be vaxed by Dec 31. So it will not be applicable until next school year, since in 30 days Dec 31 of this year will have passed.

harriet

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 11:11 pm
You can opt out for religious reasons (not saying there are any but I know a lot of people get around it that way).

amother

Post Wed, Dec 11 2013, 11:13 pm
harriet wrote:
You can opt out for religious reasons (not saying there are any but I know a lot of people get around it that way).

I dont know how it is in other places, but from what I understand, if you live in nyc and opt out from one, you need to opt out from all. I dont want to not vax at all, but I definitely dont want to give the flu shot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics