Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How do you view your childs preschool director???? important

amother

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 6:35 am
How do you view the director of your child's preschool? Is she looked at as the tough/mean guy, or warm and friendly and accommodating?
Tell me more...thank!!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 8:32 am
The pre-school director in my DD's school is a warm, dignified woman who smiles and says hello if we meet in the grocery. My DD knows she'd better behave in class or she could get sent to Mrs. X, but it's not a fear as much as the knowledge that she's a big girl and we listen to Morah in class, and that Mrs. X is an authority figure.

Occasionally, Mrs. X will call you down for testing (she does the screening for Kriah and other basic skills to ensure that the students are up to par) and DD loves getting called, since the session usually ends with a small prize, like stickers. And she tells you that she will call Mommy to share how nicely you read, etc...

I know from others that even in the case of a discipline issue, a child sent to Mrs. X will usually be given some sort of distracting activity for a while - a picture to color, cut, and glue, for example....and when she has calmed down a gentle reminder about Derech Eretz, or social guidance, tec....and she is sent back to class.

Does this help?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 8:35 am
My boys preschool director is a doll. She knows each child personally and will help you with any concerns. She is also very friendly and I enjoy shmoozing with her about a variety of topics.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 8:38 am
why do you ask ? r u trying to find out if ur child's director is acting normal?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 8:48 am
I love my daughters preschool director. she is very warm and caring and approachable, as is everyone I the school. weve been having a hard time with our daughter for the past year (meaning towards the end of last school year) and she has been great. she has held my hand through many a rough moment, and I cant even count the number of times that ive sat in her office crying because I dont know what to do or what im doing wrong, only to be told that I AM doing the right thing, and we just have to get to the root of the problem. any time I have brought up a concern, she has immediately said I am going to observe her more closely so I can get a better handle on whats going on. I really feel like she is my daughters second best advocate and wants her to succeed ALMOST as much as I do Smile

octopus

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 8:57 am
some preschool directors are just there to bring in money (know how to write grants, know rich ppl). those kinds are usually not so nice. others actually are very nice and are available to discuss your child's progress.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 9:45 am
He's very nice and very busy.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 10:10 am
Thank you so much for your responses! It means a lot to me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics