Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Don't picke the daisies (really, daffodills)

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 4:50 pm
OK, so I spent at least $100 and about 5-6 hours last fall planting 80-100 daffodil bulbs so I would have a pretty and tranquil view out of every window. Some are in the woods behind the house and its just beautiful!

I'm in my bedroom folding laundry and some lady is out there picking my daffs. She probably thinks she's stumbled into a free boquet for her Shabbos table. LOL

I was going to politely ask her not to pick them, or even put up a gentle sign, bit since its almost Pesach and I need every bit of schar I can get I think I'll just let her take them and say nothing....

Thanks for letting me vent about my buds!

chen

Post Thu, Mar 29 2007, 9:45 pm
are the woods part of your property? if so, this woman is trespassing. you have every right to safeguard your investment in both money and effort. If the woods are not fenced off and it is not obvious that they are part of your property, then the woman made a logical conclusion that this was Nature's bounty free for the taking.

Protect your investment. Either fence off the woods so it's obviously private property, put up a "Private Property--Please Don't Pick the Flowers" sign, or be prepared to bite a deep groove in your tongue.

Or---post a corny poem about how you planted these flowers to be thing of beauty to delight the eye of all who pass by here, please leave the flowers for others to enjoy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics