Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Very knotty new fall - what to do?

Ashrei

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 11:29 pm
Hi! About a month ago I bought a new fall from a very reputable large sheitel retailer - I figured quality was a non-issue. The 'top hair,' towards the front and the top layer, is lovely. The hair underneath is very coarse and gets knotty after wearing it for a few minutes. I noticed this the first or second time I really wore it out.

It's a little bit long.

I've had falls before, even longer, and they never knotted like this, and the quality of the hair was consistent throughout.

What do you think I should do? Can I treat it with something myself? Should I take it back and see what they say?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jan 09 2014, 11:31 pm
I had that and the wig eventually had to be thrown out Sad . Bh the company reimbursed me.

They tried to fix it, my sheitel macher put in extra special conditioner but nothing helped.

nyer1

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 7:30 am
Take it back . They should stand behind it if they are so reputable. They might try to condition it. Or it's possible something needs to be done like sometimes hairs are sewn incorrectly. Good luck

shirtsandskirts

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 9:30 am
I had that with a wig, I was a new Kallah and I complained and they claimed to fix it. More then three years later it still knots and it's very frustrating. It's a bad piece, period. Tell them to let you exchange it.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 9:34 am
I read here a few years ago that it could be the layer of hair that's knotty was sewn in upside down. Have them check it.

smiledr

Post Fri, Jan 10 2014, 9:54 am
Groissamama is right - if a row is down in the wrong direction it will be super knotty and needs to be redone.

Ashrei

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 10:50 am
Hi, just an update.

The showroom manager insisted it was not sewn in upside down, "I'd be able to tell if it was," and they conditioned it. I got it back and so far so good. I wore it twice and it knotted both times, BUT I was wearing it with coats, and the texture of the hair after I brush it is fine (not like before when it was very rough and coarse). So we'll see what happens.

Thanks to all of you for your advice, hopefully this is the end of the story!

shirtsandskirts

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 11:01 am
Hope it will work out for you. Just want to say that I made justifications like that too- oh it's the coat, it's the way I wore it etc. 3 years later it's still knotted, I wish I would have insisted that it really was bad then.

Queen18

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 11:10 am
I had this with a 2k fall I bought as a kallah. I didn't know to insist that it be exchanged or hair changed. The shaitel macher conditioned it and it initially felt better but ended up knotting terribly. I have had almost no use out of this fall in four years and it was a colossal waste of money when I really could have used a good quality fall.

Insist that it be changed now - the warranty on these things are very short.

lubaussie

Post Wed, Jan 22 2014, 12:48 pm
Make sure to brush it every day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels