Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need info about Crest at Washington Square

cbg

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 8:42 pm
Can someone tell me about Crest at Washington Square.
Which shuls are close by for Shabbos?
Are there young ppl there?
Is it suitable for a newlywed Chatan and Kallah
Anything you can tell me about it will be appreciated.

cbg

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 9:39 pm
Is this a place where Jews live?
According to the pictures, I see 2 sinks in the kitchen. Not a double sink, but 2 separate sinks.
Also all the pictures of all the bedrooms have 2 separate beds.
If any one can tell me anything about the Crest at Washington Square it would be appreciated
TIA

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 9:45 pm
I'm sure people would be happy to help you if they had any idea where this place is!!

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 10:01 pm
It's in Lakewood. If your ds is learning in Lakewood, wouldn't he have more info?

cbg

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 9:09 am
Why would a bachur have info of an apartment building?

cbg

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 9:12 am
He lives in the yeshiva now. He's looking for an apt. I know they are hard to get, but I came across this building, and just wondering (since I'm from OOT) if any one lives their, which shul is nearby, etc.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 9:59 am
Presumably his friends are getting married as well, and can give him more info on how and where to look for an apt. Often the chatan himself takes responsibility for securing an apt if he will be living in the city he is currently learning in, especially if his parents live elsewhere.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 11:09 am
I was actually going to mention Washington Square in your other other posts.

There are buildings that are mainly Jewish young couples and buildings that are not. It is very nice for young couples because there are hallways to meet in and there is a playground for when there are kids.

I had a friend who lived there and she was very happy and made her very good friends there. The crowds seem to come in groups. At some times its more of a trendy less yeshivish crowd and sometimes more yeshivish. I recently looked into it for a friend and heard it is more yeshivish now, but you may want to do more researchy.

There is a shul and mikva (only for tenants, they don't allow guests) in the building. I think there is also a gym. You can walk to other shuls but they are not right there, you had mentioned the Forest Park area, its not right there, but not too far, definitely walk able - about 1 mile. Also the Arlington Ave shul.
The walk to yeshiva and shuls in that area (like Satmar) is about 1 mile.

the apartments and the building are really nice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating