Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Is snow tubing dangerous or u just sign note cuz insurance?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 9:52 pm
I never went snow tubing and know nothing about the activity.
My son will be going on a trip and I just can't get to sign that waiver they sent home.
Is snow tubing real dangerous or these places have insurance concerns?

thanks

mommyhood

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 9:56 pm
There are risks but I wouldn't call it dangerous. My brother broke his collar bone snow tubing but that didn't stop him from going again the next winter. It was a fluke and not what normally happens. I would sign the waiver.

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 10:23 pm
it's one of those things where they need to cover their business ... but as scary as the possibility is [cause some people get hurt even walking down the street] ... having FUN is priceless

gp2.0

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 10:31 pm
Yes, it's for insurance.

Snow tubing is one of the safest ways to zoom down a hill because the center of gravity is very close to the ground and stays centered in the middle of the tube. Also because of a snowtube's shape with curved wide edges it's more likely to glide over bumps instead of catch on the edge and tumble over, like a flat object would.

I've gone snow tubing several times, recently I took 4yo DD. She loved it!

always.happy

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 11:30 pm
GP2, may I ask where you took your 4yr old snow tubing? I am looking for a place to take my 4yr old too but most places close to me (Campgaw or Tuxedo Ridge) you must be at least 42inches tall and my daughter is not yet.
Thanks.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 11:36 pm
I took my 4 year old somewhere in connecticut. I can found out the exact place if you are interested.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 11:48 pm
My 5 yr old went in the Poconos with a special needs organization this week.

doctorima

Post Thu, Feb 20 2014, 11:49 pm
There is a place in Woodbury, CT that gets terrible online reviews as being a safety hazard that shouldn't be allowed to continue operating (google if you don't believe me). I haven't been, but I wouldn't sign if they were going there. Most likely they are going to one of the popular ones in NJ or the Poconos, which are run responsibly. Accidents can happen anywhere, and you should definitely talk to your child about common sense safety rules, but I would sign for those places. It's just standard procedure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children