Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Read-Aloud Suggestions

BinahYeteirah

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 12:25 am
I'm looking for books that I can read aloud to my 4.5-year-old daughter. We have a number of Jewish children's books that we usually read as part of our bedtime routine, but I would like to find some chapter books that would be appropriate for her age. I am primarily interested in Jewish books in English. The short children's picture books are nice, but I think she has the memory and attention span to read something over a number of days (a chapter each night, for example) and I think that would be enjoyable for me as well. I have looked at a few things in the bookstore, but most of the chapter books seem to deal with issues that are more appropriate to older children or adults. I remember reading and loving books like Little House on the Prairie as a girl. Is there anything similar available in Jewish books? Something well written about a Jewish girl her age perhaps?

gryp

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 9:13 am
Sure there are. Hachai publishes them, maybe others do too. I know there's a whole series of them, but I can't remember any titles or authors. Confused If you look on Hachai.com or maube judaica-world.com you can see what I'm talking about. If I have a second I'll look too.

gryp

Post Fri, Apr 20 2007, 9:16 am
here are a few if you scroll down.
http://www.hachai.com/catlg5-8.html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics